Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Starbase Incursion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=343831)

starcommando101 08-06-2012 05:33 PM

Starbase Incursion

Well the flashlight is kinda useless... We can see just fine without it, but Devs if you want use to use em, make the map dark. Friday 13th dark

tacofangs 08-06-2012 05:36 PM

The problem is that players with lower end graphics cards can't render an actual light. So, if we made it totally dark, low end players would be hosed. We have to maintain a minimal light level, so even without a light, you can still at least see where you're going a bit.

atatassault 08-06-2012 05:54 PM

I don't understand why your Starbase wouldn't be well lit to begin with. The power cost for lighting would be negligible (especially since the power outputs in Star Trek are so high).

crypticarmsman 08-06-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atatassault (Post 5157181)
I don't understand why your Starbase wouldn't be well lit to begin with. The power cost for lighting would be negligible (especially since the power outputs in Star Trek are so high).

It is a Starbase incursion (meaning their is a situation with an enemy boarding party and saboteurs), so in that situation, the lighting situation makes sense (IMO).

starcommando101 08-06-2012 07:08 PM

Thank You Mr. Tacofangs sir for the reply

tacofangs 08-06-2012 07:22 PM

The infiltrators cut the power to just this cargo bay. Which is why the emergency floodlights are on over each door, and the hallways still have power.

smazazel 08-06-2012 07:39 PM

What I don't understand is why we can't just shut the doors and vent the whole bay into space? Even with power cut you can still open it manually or if not use one of your starships to blast the doors open. it would be alot easier then sending 5 VA in there. or better yet send in 50 redshirts. Then again I don't understand alot of these missions and why we can just target the enemies' bridges and get it over with. I mean with a fed ship the bridges is right there on top so easy to see and target.

admrenlarreck 08-06-2012 07:53 PM

After all the crude I have contributed to build the SB in the first place I will NOT ALLOW, all the stuff in the cargo bay to be flushed into orbit! I'll take my phaser in and deal with it myself. :D

markhawkman 08-06-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smazazel (Post 5158001)
What I don't understand is why we can't just shut the doors and vent the whole bay into space? Even with power cut you can still open it manually or if not use one of your starships to blast the doors open. it would be alot easier then sending 5 VA in there. or better yet send in 50 redshirts. Then again I don't understand alot of these missions and why we can just target the enemies' bridges and get it over with. I mean with a fed ship the bridges is right there on top so easy to see and target.

And risk damaging your starbase and it's cargo? Actually, AFAIK there's no evidence that the cargo bay could be vented to space.... You might be able to monkey with environmental controls, but if the invaders managed to get the lighting offline then the environmental controls are probably broken too.

badname834854 08-06-2012 08:19 PM

"watch Your Six"

I find it odd that Klingons would use the term "six" referring to a round chronometer. I also notice that there are no equivalent assets for the Feds (that I hear) on the Klink side...I'm going to guess they will be rolled out?