Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   When are we going to get the Ambassidor? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=345551)

alexindcobra 08-08-2012 09:31 AM

When are we going to get the Ambassidor?

How many new type ships are going to come out before you bring and old ventage ship into playable service? I and others have been waiting for 2 years for the Ambassidor class ship to come out. I have an alt character and crew set up to be on the old ship. He is also my test dumby for the new cruisers and carriers that come out. I don't know wether to hold on to my money or not. I am certaly not going to buy every new ship that comes out.

atrus19 08-08-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexindcobra (Post 5181181)
How many new type ships are going to come out before you bring and old ventage ship into playable service? I and others have been waiting for 2 years for the Ambassidor class ship to come out. I have an alt character and crew set up to be on the old ship. He is also my test dumby for the new cruisers and carriers that come out. I don't know wether to hold on to my money or not. I am certaly not going to buy every new ship that comes out.

Never. Don't want it, don't care about it. Though it would fix my OCD about owning all the 'enterprise' ships...so far they haven't made the shuttlecraft and the aircraft carrier though.... not to mention the square-rigged tall ship...so I might be out of luck!

alexindcobra 08-08-2012 03:08 PM

If you don't want it, why bother to say anything? You totally lost me with the rest of the stuff you was talking about.

atrus19 08-08-2012 04:31 PM

Because you posted in favor of it?

....really? You don't know the history of the ship named Enterprise? There was a shuttle named Enterprise, there was an Aircraft Carrier named Enterprise...there was a British Royal Navy square rigged sailing ship named Enterprise.....

dknight0001 08-08-2012 05:06 PM

From what the Developers are saying the ship is coming. No time frame, no dates and no plans. Since the next ship to come out is the Regent upgrade to the Assault Cruiser I would say not until a month or two after that at the earliest but I could be completely wrong.

I'm not sure but going by the show, it can't have been that practical as a ship. With Oberths, Excelsiors and even Mirandas around next to the Galaxy no Ambassador classes where ever seen except for Yesterdays Enterprise. And the Galaxy was a pretty new design at the time of TNG.

dontdrunkimshoot 08-08-2012 05:57 PM

there are 6 appearances of it actually. the galaxy was the direct replacement for the ambassador, neither were a high production ship because they are so overwhelmingly massive compared to those mass produced oberths, excelsiors and mirandas.

alexindcobra 08-09-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dknight0001 (Post 5188531)
From what the Developers are saying the ship is coming. No time frame, no dates and no plans. Since the next ship to come out is the Regent upgrade to the Assault Cruiser I would say not until a month or two after that at the earliest but I could be completely wrong.

I'm not sure but going by the show, it can't have been that practical as a ship. With Oberths, Excelsiors and even Mirandas around next to the Galaxy no Ambassador classes where ever seen except for Yesterdays Enterprise. And the Galaxy was a pretty new design at the time of TNG.

I agree with dontdrunkimshoot, it was the same ship class Commander Riker took charge of in "Redemption Part II." The Ambassidor class ship was sited at least 6 time in TNG. Yesterdays Enterprise was the only episode where it was shown up close and very detailed. The other episodes, had it flying along side the Enterprise-D.

jjumetley 08-09-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

When are we going to get the Ambassidor?
When are we going to stop getting new threads about Ambassador?

rrincy 08-09-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjumetley (Post 5194201)

probably never , when its released people will most likely still ask where is it :rolleyes:

meurik 08-09-2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjumetley (Post 5194201)

When are we going to stop getting complaints about threads requesting the Ambassador?