Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   New Pvp Channel ! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=349681)

antlen69 08-11-2012 03:25 AM

New Pvp Channel !

Greetings to ALL pvp players !

First of all, im not here to bash upon any other pvp channels who allready out there...

still i found the need by myself and a few others to start this initiative,

mainly based upon hear and say and also from my own experience in other pvp channels

Everybody knows that the STO pvp world is a very small one, cause the majority of people playing this MMO are also into different kinds of gameplay.

that being said the intention of this initiative is as following :

Getting new or even veteran players a new chance to get involved into the PVP gameplay in STO

The channel purpose is for those who are not only interested in pvp gameplay but also want to learn more about every aspect pvp has to offer, mainly having fun @ it !

Its offering a way to educate players into pvp strats, hookin' up with others, builds etc etc

We like to see this small world broken up for all those who are interested.

This will be a public channel and will be availeble to everybody,

also theres gonne be rules, ignore these rules and u will get kicked off

No trollin' allowed

were not here to get at each others throats were here to play a game and have fun

if u cant leave ure personal crap behind, or u cant withstand the urge to call somebody names, then ill say this only once

DONT JOIN THE CHANNEL

Getting into the channel

we named it PublicPVP

getting into the channel :

there are 2 ways to get in :

you can either use ure chatbar to put in : /channel_join PublicPVP

or u can right click the chat tab on the topside go to "channels" and join : PublicPVP

gl & hf and ttyl on the PublicPVP channel!

@close_encounter

dontdrunkimshoot 08-11-2012 03:56 AM

sounds like opvp2. good luck trying to get another pvp channel to succeed

matteo716maikai 08-11-2012 04:32 AM

whats wrong with the organizedpvp chat channel?

thumapp 08-11-2012 04:57 AM

Yeah... good luck with that..

I think i'll stick with opvp, 'new opvp' and 'new new opvp'

corsair114 08-11-2012 05:05 AM

Guys! GUYS! Guys.

Does this mean we're breakin' up the band? :(

dassemsto 08-11-2012 06:01 AM

this sounds like the same goals that OrganizedPvP channel has... And anyway, if someone needs to learn from the best, that's where they'll find them.

Sure, OPVP could be more fun-centred, but I think we have a good mix of fun and killer instinct. It's hard to supress your predator nature in a pvp enviroment.

mrkollins 08-11-2012 06:08 AM

This new channels never work

antlen69 08-11-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkollins (Post 5237671)
This new channels never work

yeah thats exactly why i think its gunna work...

its so easy to bash something like this down...

antlen69 08-11-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dassemsto (Post 5237641)
this sounds like the same goals that OrganizedPvP channel has... And anyway, if someone needs to learn from the best, that's where they'll find them.

Sure, OPVP could be more fun-centred, but I think we have a good mix of fun and killer instinct. It's hard to supress your predator nature in a pvp enviroment.

how are new individuals gonna learn something from a small group of people that dont share info, or give u false info to start with...

or how is it gunna boost someone's confidence if the people ure trying to learn something from are constandly mockin' u in the same channel ?

yeah we have common goals,

i am here to realise them instead of ignoring them like in the OPVP channel

trueprom3theus 08-11-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antlen69 (Post 5237901)
how are new individuals gonna learn something from a small group of people that dont share info, or give u false info to start with...

or how is it gunna boost someone's confidence if the people ure trying to learn something from are constandly mockin' u in the same channel ?

yeah we have common goals,

i am here to realise them instead of ignoring them like in the OPVP channel

Good luck with your channel! But I think you're wrong (at least partially) with what you've said. Mocking: unless you ignore some advices more people gave you and keep your way. That's human nature. To avoid mocking: say thanks, and keep doing things your way if that's what you want. Boost confidence: first that can help is some's self esteem and willing to learn and try things. Nobody needs to do anything forever, but you gotta give it a shot when more are telling you. Who doesn't share info or gives bad advice is either too noob, either makes fun/being a smart ass. Move over, big deal. Opvp isn't ignoring anybody, it's just that sometimes the questions are asked at the wrong time. If there is a debate, you won't get an answer. Just repeat the question later.

Another channel is after all not a bad idea. But everybody should use opvp all the time, and if a group of ppl is interested on a specific topic, then that group can move the conversation temporarly on a new channel. Now, dividing the community, that's a bad idea.