Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Did the Peanut Lab survey (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=351271)

flywiz 08-12-2012 06:19 PM

Did the Peanut Lab survey

So, I decided, hey, I'll try out the Peanut Lab survey, to get some free Zen. So, I did it, and, about 5 minutes later, I noticed that whenever I googled something, it would take me to some weird website, and I would have to exit out of that window, and try again about 4 times to finally get where I wanted to go. I checked my virus program (comodo) and did a scan. I have probably 20 separate viruses/malware/trojan programs on my computer. I checked the last time it did a scan, about 2 days ago, and there were none of these viruses. So, I'm really frustrated; Did these "Peanut Labs" give me a handful of viruses? That's the only explanation, because I didn't go on any unfamiliar sites in the past 2 days.

-DJ

rjam0 08-12-2012 08:02 PM

Well, you didn't expect to get free Zen for nothing did you?

Life is all about give and take, you take Zen...they give viruses, I fail to see the problem here?

:P

flywiz 08-12-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjam0 (Post 5256151)
Well, you didn't expect to get free Zen for nothing did you?

Life is all about give and take, you take Zen...they give viruses, I fail to see the problem here?

:P

I was just bored, had nothing to do, and it said free Zen. I expected it would take me to something where I would have to demo something, I didn't expect this. :(

I didn't even get any zen.

lianthelia 08-12-2012 08:34 PM

I don't know what to say, I've done a bunch of them and seem to be okay. I haven't done any scans (I will do some while I sleep soon just in case.) But so far everything seems okay to me. I haven't noticed anything screwed up.

hypl 08-12-2012 08:43 PM

I've also done surveys and had no issues, probably because I have AdBlock installed in my browser.

Plugins like AdBlock or NoScript are must-haves for internet browsing these days.

flywiz 08-12-2012 08:48 PM

I'll be sure to get those. I just decided I'm going to factory reset my computer, I don't have much to lose on my computer. It's just sad because I won't be able to play STO for a few days, since it usually takes so long to download. :(

maxvitor 08-12-2012 10:40 PM

Hopefully they didn't get any valuable information off of your computer before you pulled the plug.
I never use Internet Explorer. only Firefox with Adblock, NoScript and Flashblock, then I decide what websites show me, not them.
There's no such thing as free, half of them want you to sign up for something and the rest want to install a "useful" toolbar in your browser, after which your computer isn't yours anymore.

defcon1776 08-13-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypl (Post 5256651)
I've also done surveys and had no issues, probably because I have AdBlock installed in my browser.

Plugins like AdBlock or NoScript are must-haves for internet browsing these days.

^^^ This as well as PeerBlock

hitchslapped 08-14-2012 11:35 AM

i don't know why they keep telling people it's with peanut labs, it isn't, it's with sponsorypay, a totally different company.