Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   STF gear and account bound. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=352041)

tsf00181 08-13-2012 10:27 AM

STF gear and account bound.
 
Yeah, I know there was a thread last month about how the STF gear wouldn't be account bound. Seems like the issue got swept away with the release of S6.

Anyway, I understand there are certain issues that have prevented Cryptic from making the STF gear account bound. I'll get to that.

From a players perspective, especially those of us who have run hundreds of these things, its just ridiculous that we are stuck with hundreds of EDCs or various types of salvage on one character. Its pointless to turn any of it in for Dilithium, unless your really hard up.

So what are we supposed to do with it.? I just leveled up three alts. I played all three of them. They are my characters. So why am I stuck with a crapload of good gear on one that can't be transferred to the others? My primary has Maco/Omega XI sets that are just stuck there. I guess I could sell them... But guess what? 50,000 EC is nothing!:) I can make millions in a couple of hours if I work at it. Hell, making money is the only reason I still play. Pathetic, isn't it?

I guess I could just grind out the new characters for the drops....but I don't have it in me anymore. Hearing "WE ARE THE BORG!" constantly for hundreds of games on the same three maps has broken me. So they aren't getting ground out, period. I'll just go play some other game.

So Whats the big deal with making the STF gear account bound? And I know selling the drops for dilithium is a big issue. But making 8k of dilithium a day isn't hard. Hell just turning in contraband and doing some doffing will net you 8k. So make it so the gear itself is account bound. Leave the salvage drops themselves alone. I think that would solve that issue right there.

Would give me a reason to buy some account bank slots also. There is no way I'm going to purchase those slots for crap I can already mail to myself. If I need EC on one character, then my primary can just purchase and mail it to an alt. Who cares if it becomes bound, it was purchased with fake money in a game set in a sci-fi universe.

I guess I'm just rambling, but it is an issue that needs to be solved. Like I said, its ridiculous that one character is stuck with all that gear when I played out all four of them.

crusty8mac 08-13-2012 10:35 AM

Much of the character bound items need to be switched to account bound. This includes all forms of currency.

hroothvitnir 08-13-2012 12:03 PM

There are a few problems with the stf gear and making it account bound.

First is the actual drops, the techs and edc can be traded for dilithium. so you could trade them to a fresh made character refine and put up on the exchange then delete char and remake. Instant unlimited refinement so the drops will never ever be account bound.

The Gear itself is faction dependent so you cant make it account bound or you may end up with feds running Honor guard pieces and Klingons with maco shields. Not that huge in my opinion as I want to see the Vesta with the Honor guard engine effects but devs may disagree.

What could be done.

Make the requisitions account bound that way all the person can do is buy their faction appropriate gear and they dont trade to dilitium so problem avoided there.

dood98998 08-13-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hroothvitnir (Post 5266251)
There are a few problems with the stf gear and making it account bound.

First is the actual drops, the techs and edc can be traded for dilithium. so you could trade them to a fresh made character refine and put up on the exchange then delete char and remake. Instant unlimited refinement so the drops will never ever be account bound.

The Gear itself is faction dependent so you cant make it account bound or you may end up with feds running Honor guard pieces and Klingons with maco shields. Not that huge in my opinion as I want to see the Vesta with the Honor guard engine effects but devs may disagree.

What could be done.

Make the requisitions account bound that way all the person can do is buy their faction appropriate gear and they dont trade to dilitium so problem avoided there.

just make edc, salvo, and tech account bound. no exploit there.

hroothvitnir 08-13-2012 02:47 PM

Huge exploit. Account bound means you can trade it though the account bank to a different character. You have your lvl 1 disposable standing in ds9 trade all the tech passed to him into dilithium ore at the general merchant then send it to the exchange delete character.
Make new character send to ds9 repeat.

I have enough techs edc that if I could send it all to newly make accounts I could make 200,000 dilitium in a day. and I've only been playing post f2p so someone who is a vet could possibly make absolutely retarded amounts of dilithium in a day using account bound tech.

tsf00181 08-13-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Huge exploit. Account bound means you can trade it though the account bank to a different character. You have your lvl 1 disposable standing in ds9 trade all the tech passed to him into dilithium ore at the general merchant then send it to the exchange delete character.
Make new character send to ds9 repeat.

I have enough techs edc that if I could send it all to newly make accounts I could make 200,000 dilitium in a day. and I've only been playing post f2p so someone who is a vet could possibly make absolutely retarded amounts of dilithium in a day using account bound tech.
Thats the reason I mentioned just the final items. Like the shield or deflector you would put on your ship, at that point its only worth 50,000 EC. EDC can't be tradable because its exploitable.

kagurazaka77 08-13-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hroothvitnir (Post 5268461)
Huge exploit. Account bound means you can trade it though the account bank to a different character. You have your lvl 1 disposable standing in ds9 trade all the tech passed to him into dilithium ore at the general merchant then send it to the exchange delete character.
Make new character send to ds9 repeat.

Easy fix for that then.

Make it so Roxy won't talk to you unless you're STF eligible. (44, right?)

If people are going to grind up 50 characters to 44 and then run a billion STFs to get unlimited dil from EDCs, then their lack of a life outside of STO has earned them the right to 'exploit' the system.

edit: regardless, I don't see what the issue is. You've earned those EDCs/tech/salvage. Why does it matter whether or not you convert them to dil 8000 at a time or 200,000 at a time? At the most it will cause a temporary spike in zen prices till the exchange corrects itself.

sean2448 08-13-2012 08:14 PM

they are going to change that to account we should be able to do something soon I hope i have gear to transfer but can't

all gear needs to be bound t6o account and not character



I asked that in ask cryptic and did get a reply

there is a change coming when is when they get off the foundry
they have other phases that need to be fixed with stf's
store swap needs to happen and fast i need space 12 badly
which i have but ca not send

sean2448 08-13-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean2448 (Post 5272801)
they are going to change that to account we should be able to do something soon I hope i have gear to transfer but can't

all gear needs to be bound t6o account and not character



I asked that in ask cryptic and did get a reply

there is a change coming when is when they get off the foundry
they have other phases that need to be fixed with stf's
store swap needs to happen and fast i need space 12 badly
which i have but ca not send

I believe stf's are being pushed back to 40 not 44

moo8e 08-26-2012 08:26 AM

I would like to see all STF gear changed to be Bound to Account and the change needs to be retroactive for existing items.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:30 PM.