Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Foundry Request - Turning OFF Abilities (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=353851)

azurianstar 08-15-2012 02:11 AM

Foundry Request - Turning OFF Abilities
 
Dear Zero and the Foundry Team,

Could you please add an ability in the Foundry that can alter NPC's abilites (Both Space and Ground)?


My Foundry mission supposed to be take place in the TOS-Era, but the newly added NPC abilities with starships have basically ruined the immersion into the era. While I tried to work around the Romulans with their Thalaron devices, it's hard to do so in space when practically every ship has an ability that's overkill for the TOS era.

So could you please add this function to the Foundry and let us customize NPC's abilities in both Space and the Ground so we can truely make Pre-STO era missions?

muaren 08-15-2012 09:32 AM

I'm pretty sure they can't add that option as it can lead to exploits. People have been asking for this since Foundry launch and have gotten the same answer.

The only way it could work is if they created TOS era specific NPC's. Even just the main ones like Klingons, Feds, and Romulans.

I agree that what you are asking for would be much better for those people who actually want to make great missions, but unfortunately where you find that group, you'll also find the exploit groups- like those 3-click missions people.

batmanforever365 08-15-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 5288321)
Dear Zero and the Foundry Team,

Could you please add an ability in the Foundry that can alter NPC's abilites (Both Space and Ground)?

My Foundry mission supposed to be take place in the TOS-Era, but the newly added NPC abilities with starships have basically ruined the immersion into the era. While I tried to work around the Romulans with their Thalaron devices, it's hard to do so in space when practically every ship has an ability that's overkill for the TOS era.

One way that you could work around it is you could have a little subplot in the mission where the ship that's got the overkill abilities, say, went through a ripple in time from the future, which would explain why the ship's abilities were so much more advanced. :)

azurianstar 08-15-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batmanforever365 (Post 5292071)
One way that you could work around it is you could have a little subplot in the mission where the ship that's got the overkill abilities, say, went through a ripple in time from the future, which would explain why the ship's abilities were so much more advanced. :)

I'm sorry, but no.

The idea is a famous recreation of a battle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by muaren (Post 5292031)
I'm pretty sure they can't add that option as it can lead to exploits. People have been asking for this since Foundry launch and have gotten the same answer.

The only way it could work is if they created TOS era specific NPC's. Even just the main ones like Klingons, Feds, and Romulans.

I agree that what you are asking for would be much better for those people who actually want to make great missions, but unfortunately where you find that group, you'll also find the exploit groups- like those 3-click missions people.

Can't see how it could be an exploit to have vanilla mobs, especially when we been basically fighting these vanilla mobs for the past 3 years. Remember, it wasn't really until the Mogai got those Tractor Beam Mines that mobs started getting abilities.

And it would be nice to have a seperation of STO and Traditional Trek mobs, which basically have Phasers or Disruptor with Klingons carrying a Bat'leth into battle.

bluegeek 08-17-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muaren (Post 5292031)
The only way it could work is if they created TOS era specific NPC's. Even just the main ones like Klingons, Feds, and Romulans.

That would be cool.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:06 PM.