Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - August 15, 2012 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=354371)

zer0niusrex 08-15-2012 11:16 AM

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - August 15, 2012

We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120729.18

General:
  • Photonic Shockwave was updated to receive the correct bonus from Particle Generators.
  • The Cleanse portion of Hazard Emitters will now properly work on the Target of the power, instead of always applying to Self.
  • Stealth values provided by ground abilities and items will no longer stack their values with one another.
    • This applies to all of the following items and abilities:
      • Ambush
      • Stealth Module
      • Distortion Field, from Omega 2pc Bonus
      • Jem'Hadar Triggered Shroud, from Jem'Hadar 2pc Bonus
      • Consumable Portable Shroud Generator
        • This device is an exception: It will still boost existing stealth values by +50 even when used in tandem with any of the above, but will not receive its full benefit.
    • This change did not affect Stealth modifiers such as those provided by certain Traits or the Gamma Quadrant Tribble.
  • Lengthened the duration of the mining laser FX to match its animation duration.

darknessmuta 08-15-2012 11:53 AM

Bummer, still no fix for the missing Armitage Type 6 skin that we have been waiting almost 2 months for but I am sure if the Regent had that broken that fix would come out as an emergency Midnight patch.

dalolorn 08-15-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0niusrex (Post 5294411)
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120729.18

General:
  • Photonic Shockwave was updated to receive the correct bonus from Particle Generators.
  • The Cleanse portion of Hazard Emitters will now properly work on the Target of the power, instead of always applying to Self.
  • Stealth values provided by ground abilities and items will no longer stack their values with one another.
      • Ambush
      • Stealth Module
        • This device is an exception: It will still boost existing stealth values by +50 even when used in tandem with any of the above, but will not receive its full benefit.
    • This change did not affect Stealth modifiers such as those provided by certain Traits or the Gamma Quadrant Tribble.
  • Lengthened the duration of the mining laser FX to match its animation duration.

Well, now I can dump that Operative I worked so hard for and take Fire Support (or whatever it was, had Ambush and the lot) :(

teleon22 08-15-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknessmuta (Post 5295181)
Bummer, still no fix for the missing Armitage Type 6 skin that we have been waiting almost 2 months for but I am sure if the Regent had that broken that fix would come out as an emergency Midnight patch.

I have not seen them put out a next day fix or patch ever. I've been here since BETA. I have seen them not fix stuff for over two years!

So be very, very calm an wait a very, very long time and maybe, just maybe they will eventually tell you that they are not going to bother with it. Just like they decided to not finish the KDF>>> :mad:

boglejam73 08-15-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teleon22 (Post 5295351)
I have not seen them put out a next day fix or patch ever. I've been here since BETA. I have seen them not fix stuff for over two years!

So be very, very calm an wait a very, very long time and maybe, just maybe they will eventually tell you that they are not going to bother with it. Just like they decided to not finish the KDF>>> :mad:

They've done an emergency midnight patch or two. As I recall, they did one for when they totally borked the power bar. Think there have been a couple of others.

cerritourug 08-15-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

• Ambush
  • Stealth Module

Well dane Cryptic! Finally I can play some gorund PVP! Good move!

mrkollins 08-15-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

ST.20.20120729.18

General:
      • Ambush
      • Stealth Module

YES!!!! **** YES!!!! BEST NEWS EVER!!!

Sorry for the caps, but this is great news and the we the guys in ground pvp really appreciate it

lordmalak1 08-15-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

The Cleanse portion of Hazard Emitters will now properly work on the Target of the power, instead of always applying to Self.
Wait, what ? It doesn't work NOW ? Seemed to work fine last night while healing freighters in blockade (on holodeck).
:confused:

boglejam73 08-15-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordmalak1 (Post 5296091)
Wait, what ? It doesn't work NOW ? Seemed to work fine last night while healing freighters in blockade (on holodeck).
:confused:

The hull heal part worked, but if you tried to help someone out of a warp plasma cloud, the HE wouldn't cancel the move debuff. I think.

lordmalak1 08-15-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boglejam73 (Post 5296141)
The hull heal part worked, but if you tried to help someone out of a warp plasma cloud, the HE wouldn't cancel the move debuff. I think.

Ahh, tnx. AI don't spout plasma clouds (thank goodness)