Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Community and dedicated pvp fleets (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=355651)

medikles 08-16-2012 08:58 AM

Community and dedicated pvp fleets

hello,

ive been back after more than a good year of playing pirates of the burning sea which was an RvR/PvP based mmo. So recently, the devs of potbs decided to implement a couple of really really odd ( some say noob friendly) things so I felt it was time to move on again which brought me back to sto :P for my daily dose of pvp! Even tho after coming from potbs I feel pvp in sto is and was a joke I still believe it has a lot of potential which makes it good enough for me to just jump in, play a bit and jump out like we know for example from wot etc...

Now my question is how would you describe the pvp community of sto at its current state? Is there at all some kind of relationship between the pvpers in sto? Are there any fleets which dedicated themselves to pvp? Are there any serious attempts to run leagues, tournaments and all that?

Even tho I wouldnt advertise myself as the best of the best I still love to spend my time pvping which also creates a lot of curiosity of whats is going on with the community in the game which Im currently playing!

Thanks all!!
Med

therealsivar 08-16-2012 09:03 AM

Well welcome back to the game, and if you're interested in PvP then I strongly recommend that you join the OrganizedPvP channel if you have not done so already.

To answer your questions though, the relationship between the PvP community and the Devs is......not very good, they tend to ignore us and really don't care about balance in the game. That said there have been some moves forward of late but the devs have a lot of ground to make up to mend the serious hate that some players harbor for them.

Anyway, like I said welcome back, and btw which server on PotBS did you play on?

medikles 08-16-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therealsivar (Post 5310171)
Well welcome back to the game, and if you're interested in PvP then I strongly recommend that you join the OrganizedPvP channel if you have not done so already.

Yupp, the channel already existed before I left!

Quote:

To answer your questions though, the relationship between the PvP community and the Devs is......not very good, they tend to ignore us and really don't care about balance in the game.

LoL yeah, cryptic's attitude regarding pvp was the one big reason why I left the game! I also remember how hard the pve orientated players were defending their game from pvping parasites like me when I made the big mistake to ask in the general feedback section of the forum for more pvp support!

Quote:

That said there have been some moves forward of late but the devs have a lot of ground to make up to mend the serious hate that some players harbor for them.

Oh yes and they really have to! I got some warnings too back in the days when a lot of pvpers started to rage against that "6 months of no content" thing!

Quote:

Anyway, like I said welcome back, and btw which server on PotBS did you play on?

Thank you, i was on roberts as lol brit (ValoWay) and rat (HarryButpain)!

medikles 08-16-2012 09:47 AM

Like it was in the forums of potbs I think it would be nice to make a sticky of a so called "good fight" thread were ppl post their vids and talk about their recent matches! That way could players like me which were away for quite a while or totally new players get an idea of whats going on regarding pvp and maybe even its community!