Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Get a Bartender Fleet project (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=360861)

dracounguis 08-20-2012 05:35 PM

Get a Bartender Fleet project

250 Dosi Rotgut and 250 Romulan Ale... you're out of your damn mind! :eek:

At current Exchange prices, you're looking at ~75M EC for all that booze. (assuming there's even that much available) There really should have been more variety needed for the 'bar', instead of huge quantities of just 2 of very hard to get stuff. This project will probably be in our queue for months! The freakin bartender we get out if this better have access to EVERYTHING! :mad:

tobar26th 08-20-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dracounguis (Post 5371251)
250 Dosi Rotgut and 250 Romulan Ale... you're out of your damn mind! :eek:

At current Exchange prices, you're looking at ~75M EC for all that booze. (assuming there's even that much available) There really should have been more variety needed for the 'bar', instead of huge quantities of just 2 of very hard to get stuff. This project will probably be in our queue for months! The freakin bartender we get out if this better have access to EVERYTHING! :mad:

Yeah, I have to admit our fleet (which is not a small fleet...) is struggling with this one. I'd have liked to have perhaps had to have those numbers around....100 let's say? Or as you suggest a wider range of liquor needed.

nynik 08-20-2012 05:55 PM

I've had great success it gathering Ale from Romulan missions and through my onboard bartender DOFF quests. I think you can also get R.Ale from confiscating contraband - although I mostly get Dosi from that.

Encourage your fleet to explore those options regularly.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I accidentally lost about 6 Ale while gathering for this project - as I had a tribble hiding in my inventory. 'lil bugger.

switchngc 08-20-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dracounguis (Post 5371251)
The freakin bartender we get out if this better have access to EVERYTHING! :mad:

The bartender is IDENTICAL to the bartender on your ship (The one everyone has by default).

Do you get access to more/different DOFF Missions? No!!
Do you get access to more/different drinks? NO!!
Does he buy things from you at a better rate than the Replicator? No!!
Does he come with any COSMETIC changes to the area (like bottles in the middle table)? NO!!!!!
Do I see any point to buying him? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!
What about the Chef at T4? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

kingofhearts888 08-20-2012 06:53 PM

250 romulan ale is completely ridiculous for this mission. And i had my fleet tribble eat a few to

elandarksky 08-20-2012 06:57 PM

that does seem a bit silly, (the small fleet im with isnt at that point yet, but i believe that we WILL NOT be taking this assignment until something is changed :D)

Just want to say this..
If the cost of one of the projects is insanely silly.. dont take it..

I mean what use is a bartender on your starbase in the first place? (excluding roleplayer's starbases)

locutus82 08-20-2012 08:54 PM

Please Update :-)

This project is truly ridiculous. I appreciate having a fleet bartender but at this cost it is killing the morale of our fleet. We expect to be grinding out this mission for at least 1-2 months at the rate we're collecting these drinks. Could you at least add the option of cancelling the project ? We would be willing to take the loss of the already contributed marks and items if only to bypass this mission all together. If only I could turn back time :p

Lore~

mimey2 08-20-2012 09:32 PM

I think my fleet might be holding off on the Bartender honestly, just because of the reasons mentioned here. I'd rather wait, gather more of these silly drinks, upgrade more important things, and then when we have nothing else to bother with, than we do this mission.

hypl 08-20-2012 09:52 PM

Nice to know my lifetime supply of ale and rotgut came in handy for something... :D

dracounguis 08-20-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elandarksky (Post 5372041)
If the cost of one of the projects is insanely silly.. dont take it..

If I was one of the people setting the active projects, I wouldn't have. ;)