Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   STO Featured in Star Trek Magazine (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=360921)

pwebranflakes 08-20-2012 07:39 PM

STO Featured in Star Trek Magazine

In the latest issue of Star Trek: The Official Magazine, STO is spotlighted. Head to your local magazine retailer, or purchase the electronic version, to check out the eight-page spread which features a piece of exclusive Trek fiction.

Link to the issue info page.

stof4nb0y 08-20-2012 08:09 PM

Interesting. Before I spend any money though, does this article include any new information we havent gotten before?

damec 08-20-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stof4nb0y (Post 5372801)
Interesting. Before I spend any money though, does this article include any new information we havent gotten before?

I would say not, any information of concern to current customers would be posted here, the purpose of this article is to bring new players into the sto fold from the star trek magazine, not a bad idea :)

stof4nb0y 08-20-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damec (Post 5372901)
I would say not, any information of concern to current customers would be posted here, the purpose of this article is to bring new players into the sto fold from the star trek magazine, not a bad idea :)

Oh, that is completely fine. But since we are being encouraged to purchase it, I am simply asking if there is anything new to us.

startux 08-20-2012 09:14 PM

Any mention of the KDF?

daveyny 08-20-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by startux (Post 5373421)
Any mention of the KDF?

I think as a side note they mention one can play as a Klingon...

..if one really wanted too...

But it's only there for the 12 to 18 percent of their readers that might be interested.

<chuckle>

cheeseofborg 08-20-2012 10:44 PM

Is there a high rez of the article avalible?

tobar26th 08-21-2012 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeseofborg (Post 5374221)
Is there a high rez of the article avalible?

The official electronic versions are pretty high res :)

raifin1701 08-21-2012 07:55 AM

While short, I certainly enjoyed the short story in the previous(?) issue about the meeting of Captain Va'Kel Shon and Captain Data.

Hopefully the fiction in this issue is just as good.

>We're back in the Star Trek Online universe meeting more of
>the crew and there's some more exclusive fiction!

Sounds like more background and story about the Enterprise-F crew we met on First Contact Day?

Chris

hypl 08-21-2012 08:39 AM

Two new crew members of the Enterprise F were introduced that I don't believe were mentioned in-game. Kirayoshi O'Brien as Chief Engineer, and a female Caitian named Kyona (the one seen on the Belfast) as Tactical Officer/Chief of Security.

The story centers on Jirelle Kav as she oversees maintenance during the F's shakedown cruise, shortly before "Boldly They Rode." It was a good read, and I look forward to more.