Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Jem'Hadar Attack Ship vs Fleet Patrol Escort (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=361691)

mewi 08-21-2012 03:08 PM

Jem'Hadar Attack Ship vs Fleet Patrol Escort
 
( Click Here )

Same exact items, keep in mind 1 less tactical console, and the fleet patrol can have an additional science console for increased tankage. Also the Alive Crew.

I expect a lockbox ship to be better than what is readily available. The constant statements of "Jem'Hadar Attackship is an I Win Button" is misleading. The fact that I can see, is a lot of high end PvPers have Attack Ships, thus giving additional credit to the ship rather than the pilot.

But opinions?

husanakx 08-21-2012 03:20 PM

The Jem is a wicked escort... I don't think its a IWIN either... noobs pop in them at about the same rate.

The turn is quite a bit better then the fleet, still not game breaking as some one suggest.

I would agree with you... I have been called a cheat in the defiant, mvam, and fleet escort. More often... cause in those ships people blame hax instead of lockbox hax. lol

dontdrunkimshoot 08-21-2012 03:23 PM

5 tactical consoles buffing 4 DHCs for TT piercing, half your hulls gone bro alphas, being able to use 2 copies of RSP for the lulz, having more room for hull armor or turn consoles for more lulz, having a turn rate 10 points higher for milk coming out of my nose hilarity, and having a tiny bid more hull and shields as the final middle finger gesture to the fleet patrol, and everything else.

ya, sure, on par, right. if anyone was in doubt the bug ship was an i win button, they should look at this picture, they would be convinced it was. also note how the number of crew does not effect passive repair rate. thanks for making that clear, i didnt think it did. so it really is only the % alive that maters, the number of crew you have really is worthless just like i thought! LOL!

husanakx 08-21-2012 03:25 PM

If you try to run dual rsp in the bug I think you would end up dead more often then you would suspect....

Yes the dual uni is nice.... really in all my playing with it the best setup is still the "fleet" setup.

When we have 5 tac console MVAMs and Defiants running around it will be more interesting.

mewi 08-21-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 5384431)
5 tactical consoles buffing 4 DHCs for TT piercing, half your hulls gone bro alphas, being able to use 2 copies of RSP for the lulz, having more room for hull armor or turn consoles for more lulz, having a turn rate 10 points higher for milk coming out of my nose hilarity, and having a tiny bid more hull and shields as the final middle finger gesture to the fleet patrol, and everything else.

ya, sure, on par, right. if anyone was in doubt the bug ship was an i win button, they should look at this picture, they would be convinced it was. also note how the number of crew does not effect passive repair rate. thanks for making that clear, i didnt think it did. so it really is only the % alive that maters, the number of crew you have really is worthless just like i thought! LOL!

Talk about an exaggerated and nearly unreadable post.

ghostyandfrosty 08-21-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husanakx (Post 5384481)
If you try to run dual rsp in the bug I think you would end up dead more often then you would suspect....

Yes the dual uni is nice.... really in all my playing with it the best setup is still the "fleet" setup.

When we have 5 tac console MVAMs and Defiants running around it will be more interesting.

If the bug wasn't the best they wouldn't be sought after.

Also, frankly just look at that turn rate. It matches the patrol boat in every other aspect in durability. But is FAR more agile, worse yet it has better Inertia, and an impulse modifier. Which makes it all but impossible to keep up with one, without being in a much squishier MVAM or Defiant. But yet it's as Hard as a Patrol escort, coupled with a far more flexible boff layout.

If you put 2 pilots of equal skill against each other, but one has the bug and the other doesn't, the best you can hope for is to draw against a bug throwing every single trick in the book at it. You'll never actually beat a bug without one, if the other pilot is as good as you are, it's simply too agile, and too durable.

dantrainor 08-21-2012 03:31 PM

Bug is definitely not the iWin button it's made out to be.

dontdrunkimshoot 08-21-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husanakx (Post 5384481)
If you try to run dual rsp in the bug I think you would end up dead more often then you would suspect....

Yes the dual uni is nice.... really in all my playing with it the best setup is still the "fleet" setup.

When we have 5 tac console MVAMs and Defiants running around it will be more interesting.

thats why i qualified that with for the lulz. a bug without some science is gonna regret it.

fleet defiant and fleet MVAM escorts running around would only make me less interested in playing :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mewi (Post 5384541)
Talk about an exaggerated and nearly unreadable post.

really? talk about being in denial.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dantrainor (Post 5384571)
Bug is definitely not the iWin button it's made out to be.

the numbers tell other wise. it is categorically better then any other escort. its then up to the user to suck in it, or excel. a top tier bug user has no equal.

xenovita 08-21-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 5384431)
5 tactical consoles buffing 4 DHCs for TT piercing, half your hulls gone bro alphas, being able to use 2 copies of RSP for the lulz, having more room for hull armor or turn consoles for more lulz, having a turn rate 10 points higher for milk coming out of my nose hilarity, and having a tiny bid more hull and shields as the final middle finger gesture to the fleet patrol, and everything else.

ya, sure, on par, right. if anyone was in doubt the bug ship was an i win button, they should look at this picture, they would be convinced it was. also note how the number of crew does not effect passive repair rate. thanks for making that clear, i didnt think it did. so it really is only the % alive that maters, the number of crew you have really is worthless just like i thought! LOL!

all this.
Bug ship, the best example of P2W EVER.

husanakx 08-21-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 5384581)
thats why i qualified that with for the lulz. a bug without some science is gonna regret it.

fleet defiant and fleet MVAM escorts running around would only make me less interested in playing :mad:

Ya if you fill them with 2 sci you end up with to little engi tank....

If you fill them with engi you end up really missing those sci heals.

The logical setup is patrol setup... ya the turn and extra speed are nothing to disregard for sure... it really is nice.

I would think most fleets are not very far off unlocking the other 2 fleet version escorts. So we will be seeing them run around shortly.

Honestly saying the fleet version Advanced escort is going to be more squishy then the BUG is crazy time.... I think that ship will be at least on par with the bug... and in the right hands should be a BUG hunter.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:54 PM.