Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Guest Blog: The Fleet Advancement System (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=362841)

pwebranflakes 08-22-2012 04:00 PM

Guest Blog: The Fleet Advancement System

The crew from Priority One Podcast has written a Guest Blog, and included a video, that details the Fleet Advancement System in Star Trek Online.

Link to the Blog.

matteo716maikai 08-22-2012 04:11 PM

how awesome that all this fleet stuff can only be gotten through pve. not even a scrap of a bone tossed to the pvp community in requards to earning fleet marks. Its crap like that that FORCES the community to only play pve and then the argument that "no one plays pvp" is used. its all bogus.

pwebranflakes 08-22-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matteo716maikai (Post 5400441)
how awesome that all this fleet stuff can only be gotten through pve. not even a scrap of a bone tossed to the pvp community in requards to earning fleet marks. Its crap like that that FORCES the community to only play pve and then the argument that "no one plays pvp" is used. its all bogus.

As I've pointed out before in responses to other posts you've made on the subject, this is something we are looking into and considering :) Make sure to take a look at that post I linked you to previously from Borticus.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

switchngc 08-22-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

The reason for the frustration was over Fleet Credits. Fleet Credits are what individual players earn when contributing to Fleet Projects and Fleet Actions. The more you contribute, the more Fleet Credits you earn. The more Fleet Credits you earn, the more Fleet Items you can purchase.
Except that I have roughly 2 million Fleet Credits on my Main character and see absolutely nothing that I want to spend them on until we get to T5 and I can get Purple DOFFs (2 to 3 years from now?)

Quote:

Remember, Fleet items are generally better than whatever you can find in game at the moment (items that are not purchasable).
But, but, but, the Devs have flat out stated this isn't true.... They aren't supposed to be better than STF Gear...

kingdoxy 08-22-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by switchngc (Post 5400551)
Except that I have roughly 2 million Fleet Credits on my Main character and see absolutely nothing that I want to spend them on until we get to T5 and I can get Purple DOFFs (2 to 3 years from now?)

But, but, but, the Devs have flat out stated this isn't true.... They aren't supposed to be better than STF Gear...

He said "generally". Also the blog post isn't from a Dev. So don't go by their word go by the Devs. Also if you want to bad mouth the devs/cryptic you should have just come out and called them Liars like most of the other folks do when more then one dev talks about a subject.

jam062307 08-22-2012 05:12 PM

The guest blog should be "the Fleet lack of Advancement System". with the upcoming patch you have taken away two avenues fleets have used for advancement.....sinking FC in doffs to start projects....and buying off the exchange...with the Fleet store doffs no longer able to be donated, we're not longer going to be able to buy them....or buy doffs off the exchange because there is no way to tell them apart from other doffs. smooth move X-Lax! but hey... atleast we have one thing that actually is "working as intended".

tosveterans 08-22-2012 05:12 PM

I have to say that you guys really came through on this one. Love the starbases!!

Will one of the upgrades for the FED side be a conference table of our size choosing? It would be nice to have Council meetings on our starbase! Also a blank wall (bluescreen) that we can turn on in the holodeck for Fleet pictures. We can then bring in our alts and Photoshop them together for full fleet pictures!! (just dreaming out loud)

diogene0 08-22-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by switchngc (Post 5400551)

Purple doffs you won't be able to use in any assignment. You can't slot them in any mission. Not a bad thing, otherwise doffing would be dead. So you can just keep youf fleet credits and watch them, because they are really useless now. :D

rheatitan 08-22-2012 07:26 PM

Dan said there would be a limited version of the fleet starbase for non fleet players, Is there any word on this?

azurianstar 08-22-2012 11:00 PM

To Priority One: Thank you for the video. Though think provisions needed more explaination.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rheatitan (Post 5402481)
Dan said there would be a limited version of the fleet starbase for non fleet players, Is there any word on this?

Be interesting to know as well.

Right now, fleetless people have to temporarily join fleets to spend their marks and credits. Or being peer pressured to join a fleet, when they want to be solo.

Then there are the small fleets and small fleets with casual players. Nobody really wants to spend their free time grinding for marks when they want to do other stuff. (This is primarily why my fleets is going to stop at Tier 2, maybe after unlocking the Tier 3 station.)