||08-25-2012 12:55 PM
Some very quirky things in The Doomsday Device...
I just finished my fourth run of the mission The Doomsday Device for fun, and there were some strange things in it. It took me a while to finish the final battle considering I kept getting killed and the DDM would go back to 100%. But since it took so long I got to see plenty of strange things:
- Wells class ships. People have been seeing them as NPCs all over the place. They use antiproton weapons.
- A luna nebula class ship named 'Wells Class' that was firing antiproton beams.
- Several Galaxy-X ships, one was named U.S.S. Risa
- U.S.S. Crazy Horse. I'm not kidding. Did one of the devs do this as a joke?
- What looked like the Gamma section of a Prometheus MVAE flew right past my camera.
- The DDM or some other ship was using transfer shield strength. I kept seeing the TSS visual around the DDM.
- A nebula class used tachyon detection grid.
- The DDM used full impulse. While I was flying around trying to get a shot into it, it rocketed off and I chased after it. We flew far, far away from the rest of the battle where it slowed down, disappeared, and reappeared back near the destroyed moon with all its health (so frustrating!).
- Some Galaxy-Xs were called 'Armitage Class Escort Carrier' and I also saw bunches of fighters and shuttles flying around (:confused:).