Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Starbase Ninjas! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=368771)

runtimeerrorboy 08-26-2012 05:59 PM

Starbase Ninjas!
 
Long time player, since free-to-play, but first time forum post.

So, I was standing around my fleet's Starbase, in my usual spot on top of a light posts in Ops. Acting quirky as usual, I activated "Triolic Pattern Enhancer", "Tactical Initiative III", and then "Steal Module III" before going AFK.

All setup to briefly go AFK, I proceeded to finish an episode of Star Trek:TNG on Netflix, and by the time I returned this had happened.

[Combat (Self)] an unknown entity deals 552 (465) Physical Damage to you with Lunge I.

http://i47.tinypic.com/14acvhf.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ylmi50.png


My character was dead! My personal hypothesis is that ninjas attacked. Most likely Jem'hedar or Suliban, but if anyone has a different hypothesis, please feel free to share.

bumperthumper 08-26-2012 06:04 PM

I still stand by my theory that the cook did it.

runtimeerrorboy 08-26-2012 06:16 PM

Perhaps we should interrogate the Ferengi bartender. If anybody heard anything, it was him.

boglejam73 08-26-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runtimeerrorboy (Post 5470361)
Long time player, since free-to-play, but first time forum post.

So, I was standing around my fleet's Starbase, in my usual spot on top of a light posts in Ops. Acting quirky as usual, I activated "Triolic Pattern Enhancer", "Tactical Initiative III", and then "Steal Module III" before going AFK.

All setup to briefly go AFK, I proceeded to finish an episode of Star Trek:TNG on Netflix, and by the time I returned this had happened.

[Combat (Self)] an unknown entity deals 552 (465) Physical Damage to you with Lunge I.

http://i47.tinypic.com/14acvhf.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ylmi50.png


My character was dead! My personal hypothesis is that ninjas attacked. Most likely Jem'hedar or Suliban, but if anyone has a different hypothesis, please feel free to share.

Triolic pattern enhancer has a small chance to spawn an enemy. Was pretty funny when the dividian arc first came out and people were like "whoa, used the pattern enhancers and a old-school klingon spawned. wtf?!"

runtimeerrorboy 08-26-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boglejam73 (Post 5470881)
Triolic pattern enhancer has a small chance to spawn an enemy. Was pretty funny when the dividian arc first came out and people were like "whoa, used the pattern enhancers and a old-school klingon spawned. wtf?!"

O.O The Dividians!

I'll get them next time!!! This thread can be closed.

trhrangerxml 08-26-2012 10:36 PM

Yup, I was about to post that responce, Triolic Pattern Enhancers are a real double edge sword. I was playing an STF ground when I found out the hard way.

matridunadan1 08-26-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trhrangerxml (Post 5472571)
Yup, I was about to post that responce, Triolic Pattern Enhancers are a real double edge sword. I was playing an STF ground when I found out the hard way.

Triple-edged sword, actually.

Very few notice this, but any enemies inside will also get damage immunity. Not a smart move.

And no, it is "-110 Proton resistance", which Antiproton weapons are not.

sollvax 08-27-2012 02:05 AM

Next time

LOG OUT

markhawkman 08-27-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

My character was dead! My personal hypothesis is that ninjas attacked. Most likely Jem'hedar or Suliban, but if anyone has a different hypothesis, please feel free to share.
It says Dahar master in the first pic. So it was a klingon. the "unknown entity" thing is probably because the Dahar master despawned as soon as it KOed you.

voporak 08-27-2012 06:43 AM

The pattern enchancer spawned a Klingon. One day when I opened the thing on my bridge, a Phantasm came out. Me and the other guy on my bridge had to fight it off. Boffs nearby also started fighting it... wierd. Then later I had tribbles appear when I opened it. You can kick them around like soccer balls.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:59 PM.