Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Fleet module error? Saying a ship costs 4 when it should 1 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=369961)

rodentmaster 08-27-2012 08:30 PM

Fleet module error? Saying a ship costs 4 when it should 1

I was looking at the new fleet ships on my kdf character and noticed the difference between the K'Tinga Retrofit and the K'tina Fleet Retrofit.

The first costs 200,000 fleet credits and no fleet module. The second costs 20,000 creds and FOUR fleet modules.

Now here's what I don't get. I have the K'Tinga. I have the Koro'T'inga. I have the "predecessor" ship for the fleet ship, so it should only be 1 fleet module.

Why is it saying it needs 4?

denliner1701 08-27-2012 08:37 PM

You need to buy the C-Store Retrofit (Tier 5) of the ship to get the requirement of 1 FSM.
Like say, you bought the Galaxy Retrofit (Tier 5 C-Store Purchase) for the Feds..and then bam....1 FSM for your Fleet version.

The K'tinga does not have a C-Store version that is Tier 5, so you still get 4 FSM for your purchase.

reginamala78 08-27-2012 08:37 PM

Only Admiral/General-level c-store ships get a discount. Your Korotinga is Commander level, so no discount. No KDF ship gets a discount.

bubblygumsworth 08-27-2012 09:10 PM

Total ripoff right? The discount should apply to all fleet ships that have a c-store variant that you own.

I hope whoever came up with that idea will eventually choke on their beluga caviar and Dom Perignon.

eradicator84 08-27-2012 09:50 PM

Indeedy, no KDF discounts at all. Even if you own every single c-store ship (which I almost do).

It's the tax Klingons pay for being the minority.

dabeastie 08-27-2012 10:14 PM

I was pretty thoroughly annoyed about this too; I already own a Scourge Destroyer so why can't I just upgrade it to the fleet variant? 2000 zen (or several millions of EC) plus 20k fleet credit is ridiculous.

No discounts at all for KDF is hugely disrespectful to the player-base, more so considering the abandonment of the faction already.

trhrangerxml 08-27-2012 10:39 PM

This is another example of where crafting would of been a great idea, but instead we got cash gated content.

rodentmaster 08-27-2012 10:45 PM

The Koro'T'inga IS the C-store retrofit for the K'Tinga. It's a paid ship. It should count.

EDIT: I know the distinction was made about admiral/general rank ships, but... that's bull**** on cryptic's/PWE's part. There's no logical reason for that kind of bull****.

jjumetley 08-27-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodentmaster (Post 5486271)
There's no logical reason for that kind of bull****.

Of course there is! $_$

robeasom 08-27-2012 11:24 PM

This is one of the reasons I refuse to get any fleet ships for my Fed or KDF character. After all the grinding we have to do we still have to pay to get a fleet ship.