Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   More silly questions! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=371391)

henrik68 08-29-2012 12:16 PM

More silly questions!
 
What i would like to know is, if i am a low lv character will is still be able to buy (Zen) a tier 5 ship and access it's "special item/console" and put that on any of the lower tier ships?

Or do i have to be of the same level as the highest ship that has the items?

thecosmic1 08-29-2012 12:35 PM

You can buy any ship you want at any time, but you can't access them to get the Console, or other gear, until you are the appropriate level.

henrik68 08-29-2012 12:53 PM

I thought as much, thanks! :)

henrik68 08-30-2012 04:14 AM

Another thing comes to mind, the "refit" vessels do they require the original unpimped ship?

What i am trying to say is: if i buy a re or retrofit will that include the vessel itself or do i first need the ship it applies to? :confused:

grouchyotaku 08-30-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henrik68 (Post 5520001)
Another thing comes to mind, the "refit" vessels do they require the original unpimped ship?

What i am trying to say is: if i buy a re or retrofit will that include the vessel itself or do i first need the ship it applies to? :confused:

You're purchasing a brand new ship... Previous versions are not required... However, in some cases (e.g. Excelsior) it is nice to have console from the lower level version...

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecosmic1 (Post 5508791)
You can buy any ship you want at any time, but you can't access them to get the Console, or other gear, until you are the appropriate level.

Did Cryptic/PWE actually change the policy on this? I know with previous 'sales' I found that you cannot purchase a C-Store ship unless you had at least one character of sufficient rank to use it... (If you already have a VA ranked character, you won't run into this if purchasing for an Alt...)

thecosmic1 08-30-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grouchyotaku (Post 5521871)
Did Cryptic/PWE actually change the policy on this? I know with previous 'sales' I found that you cannot purchase a C-Store ship unless you had at least one character of sufficient rank to use it... (If you already have a VA ranked character, you won't run into this if purchasing for an Alt...)

It's very possible. I've had a level-capped character since the first week of launch, so I've never been able to test it. If I get a chance I'll try it on one of my kids' accounts to see what happens.

rifter1969 08-30-2012 11:46 AM

I just did something like this about a week or two ago.

Cosmic I believe is correct, you can buy any ship at any time from the C-Store, but they are usually level (grade) capped. So you can not claim the ship from the shipyard (Fed or KDF) until your toon is the appropriate grade.

henrik68 08-31-2012 01:42 AM

Thanks all! :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 AM.