Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   SUGGESTION: Adjustable badge position (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=375071)

bberge1701 09-02-2012 02:32 PM

SUGGESTION: Adjustable badge position

There have been many complaints about the badge clipping problems on female characters. If we had sliders to adjust the positions of the badge slightly (similar to the way facial scars are placed), we could solve this problem ourselves.

This would have more uses than just fixing clipping problems. For instance, I'd love to use the TOS dress uniform ribbons on the Diplomatic jacket, but they don't really line up properly. If I could move them to the left a bit, they'd look perfect.

centersolace 09-02-2012 05:43 PM

BRILLIANT IDEA!! Why hasn't this brilliant idea been thought of sooner? It's brilliant I dare say! Someone somewhere make this happen!

supergaminggeek 09-02-2012 06:17 PM

There would be a large discrepancy where the hand is in clicking the combadge.

centersolace 09-02-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supergaminggeek (Post 5564091)

You mean there isn't one already? :P

danbuk24 10-17-2012 04:28 PM

Annoyingly in the beginning there was no clipping issue in the females. :eek:
And then one day a patch came along and broke it. :( And it's been broken ever since.

voicesdark 10-18-2012 05:28 AM

It's not just the female characters that would really benefit from having it so we could manually adjust where the combadge is positioned. Most of the uniforms have some type of ribbing that is right where the combadge should be, and it doesn't look right. Not only that but with the female characters as well, the male characters also have the same problem of the combadge floating or sinking depending on the character body selections.

There are several uniform sets that I bought because I really liked the look of them, only to end up not using them because it looked so bad with a combadge that I finally decided not to buy anymore.

yreodred 10-18-2012 07:57 AM

I like the idea to be able to adjust the combadges position.
They should also fix a combadges size to be constant. It's just silly for a combadge to be wider or taller just because the person using it has slightly different proportions.

I hope my english is understandable, since most of the time i find it difficult to find the right words in my native language.

darkwhite0 10-18-2012 08:23 AM

one more thing
also put the badge of accolades for use

kobayashlmaru 10-18-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supergaminggeek (Post 5564091)

What happens if you are wearing the TOS badges? Reminds me of the elevator scene from Trials and Tribbleations.

In truth, it may be less the incorrect position of that badges and more a problem with the uniform. Look at the DS9/Movie uniform (gray shoulders). On screen the comm badges are worn on the black part of the uniform. Here they are grossly misplaced. On screen on any uniform I've never seen the badges be half on the shoulder color and half below, yet in STO the badges seem to be consistently placed here on all two-tone uniforms .

bberge1701 10-19-2012 11:04 AM

Belt buckles

Quote:

Originally Posted by yreodred (Post 6140721)
They should also fix a combadges size to be constant. It's just silly for a combadge to be wider or taller just because the person using it has slightly different proportions.

That reminds me of another annoying graphics issue. Like combadges, belt buckles also scale with body proportions, and they really shouldn't.