Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Gurumba please buff? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=376811)

marctraiderz 09-04-2012 02:20 PM

Gurumba please buff?
 
Hello,

Since most lockbox ships and fleet ships are all buffed klingon ships, and since Gurumba is A cstore ship, I find that buffing this ship a bit would be appropriate.

What if it just simply had its turn rate restriction in siege mode reduced or removed?

I love flying it in seastar (siege mode) but the turnrate is a too big of a penalty.

Just a suggestion,

Discuss.

galronopvp 09-04-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marctraiderz (Post 5584361)
Hello,

Since most lockbox ships and fleet ships are all buffed klingon ships, and since Gurumba is A cstore ship, I find that buffing this ship a bit would be appropriate.

What if it just simply had its turn rate restriction in siege mode reduced or removed?

I love flying it in seastar (siege mode) but the turnrate is a too big of a penalty.

Just a suggestion,

Discuss.

I agree i think a simple turn rate reduction during seige mode is in order.

This would make the ship more competative in pvp as well as pve.

hjorlwulf 09-04-2012 02:30 PM

A siege ship by definition is not supposed to be maneuverable, nor a PvP ship. She is designed to place massive firepower on a fixed position - thus the change from flight mode to siege mode. Think of an STF gateway, a perfect target for this ship. Or have one or more placed such as to cover the exit point of a wormhole. Probe duty is another place they shine.

She is a niche ship, and best used for the purpose she was designed for.

elandarksky 09-04-2012 02:31 PM

I dont think it gets a fleet variant due to not having a console rather built in ability,

It would be nice to lose the turn rate nerf in siege mode, but being skeptical, i cant see it happening (though it would be nice to have!)

marctraiderz 09-04-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjorlwulf (Post 5584431)
A siege ship by definition is not supposed to be maneuverable, nor a PvP ship. She is designed to place massive firepower on a fixed position - thus the change from flight mode to siege mode. Think of an STF gateway, a perfect target for this ship. Or have one or more placed such as to cover the exit point of a wormhole. Probe duty is another place they shine.

She is a niche ship, and best used for the purpose she was designed for.

A little bit small thinking huh? "Nor a PvP ship"

Trying to dumb down the meager pvp in this game even further? Respect the people who do want to pvp, we respect you pve'ers as well trying your good effort to try and blow up a gateway! Cuz thats so damn hard hahaha without having a spinal lance or javelin :p

lostmoony 09-04-2012 02:47 PM

first bufff the KARFI!!!!! +5000 hull +1x eng console.

after this is done give the guramba +1 tak console +3000 hull and remove the movment penelity totaly.;)

hjorlwulf 09-04-2012 03:58 PM

I am not in any way "dumbing down" any aspect of play in this game. I am merely pointing out the obvious - there are many ways of fighting an enemy, and weapons are designed for a purpose. This ship in particular was NOT designed for what you want her to do - I suggest you use a ship that WAS designed for that - like a Raptor, Kar'fi or other first line warship. I would rather see the ships made the way they are supposed to be (Qin incorrect pivot point) than force ships to do that which they were not designed to do.

Siege ships are designed to conduct sieges - hospital ships to heal - transports to move cargo/troops. Each has a purpose - and that is not necessarily to be in an open battle.

majesticmsfc 09-04-2012 06:20 PM

I own the Guramba and I too hate the turn-rate reduction, however I have to agree with hjorlwulf, there has to be a penalty for the added fire power while in siege mode, other wise it could be considered OP. Though I do agree a little bit more hull HP and a extra tac console would be nice.

We are KDF officers, we want competitive ships not OP ones. Wanting OP ships is the mentality of a lot of Fed players (fan-boys mainly), we are not them, nor do we wish to be like them.

travelingmaster 09-04-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjorlwulf (Post 5585311)
I am not in any way "dumbing down" any aspect of play in this game. I am merely pointing out the obvious - there are many ways of fighting an enemy, and weapons are designed for a purpose. This ship in particular was NOT designed for what you want her to do - I suggest you use a ship that WAS designed for that - like a Raptor, Kar'fi or other first line warship. I would rather see the ships made the way they are supposed to be (Qin incorrect pivot point) than force ships to do that which they were not designed to do.

Siege ships are designed to conduct sieges - hospital ships to heal - transports to move cargo/troops. Each has a purpose - and that is not necessarily to be in an open battle.

Not to mention that it still has a use in PVP, just not against escorts. I can probably line up in siege mode against a Fed cruiser. If you're fighting escorts, just don't use siege mode, or just use it right at the beginning of the fight, and don't re-enter it until the time's right.

I would like a buff like what's being suggested, but it DOES work the way it is now. You just gotta know when to use it.

hjorlwulf 09-04-2012 06:51 PM

As pointed out, there are situations where this ship can be used. The closest analogy I have is the assault gun in WWII. Its original purpose was to be an armored engineer vehicle, advancing with the infantry and taking on pillboxes and other fortified positions. It had a large caliber cannon, but a very limited traverse. Over time, with the lack of sufficient true tanks, it was pushed into the anti-tank role, but still did it from hide positions, long-range fire and other means of maximizing its function. If the enemy tank closed to a close position, the AG would inevitably lose the resulting fight as the tank had a turret capable of 360 degree fire while the AG couldn't get the gun to bear.

The Guramba is very close to that concept - designed to be a siege ship, a cunning Captain CAN find other uses - but will have to overcome the fact it is NOT the best tool for the job.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 AM.