Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Mission Database (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   "Relics" by Kirkfat (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=377581)

kirksplat 09-05-2012 11:27 AM

"Relics" by Kirkfat

Title: Relics
@handle: Kirkfat
Faction: Fed
Level: Any
Style: Diplomacy, with some Action

Description: The Klingon Empire is occupying a planet for unknown reasons. You are sent to investigate. What you discover will alter your perception of the cosmos, its past, and its present.

Any feedback would be really appreciated. Please let me know if there are typos.

palpha2clearance 09-05-2012 11:52 AM

i will check it out today

designationxr377 09-06-2012 09:05 PM

I think I've said this like, five times, but it's worth repeating.

Holy Awesome Custom Maps Batman.

timelord79 09-07-2012 06:05 PM

Played this as an Andorian captain. Let's just say, one scene in particular was getting very interesting by that fact.

Had to struggle with a bug, where I could not beam down to the planet. No idea if that was an underlying problem of the game or something Kirkfat can fix.
It worked fine after relogging, though I had to break immersion by getting through the previous maps again which broke the illusion on the holodeck map.

If I have to find one fault, is that the mission at times turned into a very expositiony novel because of the game's limitations.

I think other missions were better balanced by Kirkfat and maybe he got a little to ambitious with this one, but still the best one can expect with the tools available and more, well done.

kirksplat 09-07-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timelord79 (Post 5627711)
Played this as an Andorian captain. Let's just say, one scene in particular was getting very interesting by that fact.

Had to struggle with a bug, where I could not beam down to the planet. No idea if that was an underlying problem of the game or something Kirkfat can fix.
It worked fine after relogging, though I had to break immersion by getting through the previous maps again which broke the illusion on the holodeck map.

If I have to find one fault, is that the mission at times turned into a very expositiony novel because of the game's limitations.

I think other missions were better balanced by Kirkfat and maybe he got a little to ambitious with this one, but still the best one can expect with the tools available and more, well done.

Thank you. The only thing that must have happened is either a. You got too close to the planet during combat, thus triggering the reach marker before it was the objective, or your elevation had changed so much that you couldn't find the reach marker. I'll try to decrease it's radius. Sorry about that.

timelord79 09-08-2012 01:26 AM

Hm, I don't think that was it. I got the beam down prompt and away team selection window. But clicking continue there nothing happend. So it probably was some kind of general gambug.

markhawkman 09-08-2012 06:09 AM

did you get the prompt during red alert?

ufpdewolfe 09-08-2012 06:57 PM

Impressive!

How did you get the away team out of the way like that?

kirksplat 09-08-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ufpdewolfe (Post 5641261)
Impressive!

How did you get the away team out of the way like that?

total bug that I had to deal with. It was a complete pain, and I had to rewrite my mission because the boffs were not spawning. There is a thread about it in the bugs forum called "inconsistent BO spawns."

Thanks!

markhawkman 09-08-2012 07:43 PM

BTW what was that blue glowy effect that appears when you transport out of the alien ship? It made my frame rate drop like a rock....