Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Can't Patch (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=379101)

daqhegh 09-06-2012 07:29 PM

Can't Patch

The new patch repeatedly stops on me. First I waited for 20 minutes and and it got stuck at 40%. So I disconnected my wifi and reconnected. This time it stopped at 10% in 15 minutes. Now it's been sitting (again) for half an hour and it's STILL on 1%. My internet connection is stable and streamed the game fine last night when I logged on. This isn't a huge patch, so I really have no idea what the deal is.

Am I the only person who has this issue? It's never happened before with any MMO on this computer. But it figures it would be this one.

daqhegh 09-06-2012 07:41 PM

Update

I tried to log in again, after restarting my computer (for an update, not the game). This time there was no patch. It went to the load screen and that was it. Apparently it logged in, but nothing happened. I had to go to my task manager to close the game -- I think the game itself crashed.

What the hell is going on?

daqhegh 09-06-2012 07:44 PM

New Update

It went as far as the map load screen, go to 6%, and I got a window saying the login server disconnected. I'm a lifer, by the way. I guess Priority Queing has been abolished.

stoleviathan99 09-06-2012 07:52 PM

Did you install ratpr by chance?

There's a bug with the client crashing or sometimes not unloading properly (which prevents patching).

thelastt7melord 09-06-2012 08:17 PM

I've had the same problem for the last 8 hours. I'm totally fed up and I didn't download the Raptr non-sense.

thelastt7melord 09-06-2012 08:33 PM

This needs to be resolved or I'm taking my money to another game. Not being able to even play because of something I don't use is extremely agitating.

daqhegh 09-06-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelastt7melord (Post 5613431)
I've had the same problem for the last 8 hours. I'm totally fed up and I didn't download the Raptr non-sense.

Ditto. I did no such download, nor did I change any game-relevant settings. TOR still works...so I really don't get it.

aphantasm 09-09-2012 04:37 PM

I've been gone awhile, while playing SWTOR. I logged in today knowing I would be downloading a patch first thing. The patch never completed, it just keeps stalling out. Right now its at 78.6 percent and going no higher. Though Received says its still downloading data, that data for some reason is not going to the patch, I'm downloading hundreds of mb over what the patch is requiring while the patch remains frozen.

blarrgsss 09-09-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daqhegh (Post 5612801)
The new patch repeatedly stops on me. First I waited for 20 minutes and and it got stuck at 40%. So I disconnected my wifi and reconnected. This time it stopped at 10% in 15 minutes. Now it's been sitting (again) for half an hour and it's STILL on 1%. My internet connection is stable and streamed the game fine last night when I logged on. This isn't a huge patch, so I really have no idea what the deal is.

Am I the only person who has this issue? It's never happened before with any MMO on this computer. But it figures it would be this one.

I'm having the same issue. I had to reinstall windows yesterday morning, no idea why, the only new thing on my pc would be raptr. So i reinstalled, installed steam, and installed STO. BUT for the past day and a half ive been trying to get this damn patch **** to work. I'm on my THIRD reinstall of STO and still no luck. Im pissed. I only started two weeks ago and was like an hour away from 50. If this continues this game can kiss my support goodbye. I've tried every different patching option in the patch options and everything. This is ridiculous. They could at least let us know something is wrong sense this seems to be a common issue.

aphantasm 09-10-2012 08:05 AM

It astonishes me that Cryptic has not said anything yet on this. The first post to this thread was on Thursday evening, that means they had all day Friday to look into this and at least respond.

As I'm writing this the launcher is wanting to download a 93 mb patch. It's currently at 72.8 mb, and going no higher. The received line is already at 300 mb since restarting the launcher this morning.

Edit: 15 minutes later still 72.8mb/93mb and the Received line is at 653mb. The received line keeps going up so why is the patcher not completed by now.