Heavy escort carrier questions
1. I am using the quad heavy cannons. And 2 dhc and 1 plasma torp up front is that good or should i change something
2. I am using 2 of the consoles i got from ships i bought. The point defense sytem and the torpedo spread. Is two too many?
3. The science consoles pretty much confuse and and not sure which eng consoles. I have the PDS console in a sci spot and torp in a tac spot. What other consoles should i be using.
4. I saw the jemmie impulse engine and i am bangin through missions to get that. Is that an "endgame" piece or should i jsut work for the borg?
2. If they really help you all that much, it shouldn't be a problem. But, I'd rather replace the Phaser Point Defense console for something that will help the performance of my escort.
3. Eng: Resistance boosting consoles (if you think you need them) like the Neutronium Alloy. I actually don't use any resistance consoles and use an RCS console (for improved turn rate). Other slots are taken up by universal consoles.
Sci: I put in a Field Generator (increases your shield capacity) and another universal console.
Tact: All energy weapon damage boosters (same type)
4. I don't really care for the Jem'Hadar set. I use them on my Peregrine Fighter. If you had a Jem'Hadar ship, you'd probably want to use this set. I use the Borg Engines and Assimilated Module on my B'rel Bird of Prey, but no Borg equipment (other than the Assimilated Module) on my Escort. For endgame equips, you're probably better off mixing either a MACO shield and deflector dish with a Borg engine and assimilated module, or a Omega shield and deflector dish with a Borg engine and assimilated module.
Thank you. I learned alot from your post. I am definitely gettin that sci console. I do use the rcs console. With the dm resist consoles.
No torpedo at all the escort? Hmm ima have to check that out when i fet home im pretty i did spec some on the projectile options.
And you are correct it is the the quads from the sao
With that said, on my B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit, I use all torpedoes and my skill points reflect that as well. But, that's because the B'rel Retrofit's enhanced battle cloak allows it to fire while cloaked (and gets a damage boost for doing so). The barrage of just torpedoes, coupled by shield drain abilities, help the torpedoes punch through the shields. But, that's with a barrage of torpedoes. A single torpedo isn't going to work.
My philosophy is to go with all energy or all kinetic. Nothing in-between. You're spending a lot of points trying to get your skill points in either of these types of attacks to a decent level. But, at the cost of other abilities that could keep you alive.
I like it. Ill work on respec tonight. Thank you.
What I use was:
1.3xHDC 1xQauntum Torp, Rear 3 three turrets (use same type of energy)
2.The point defense system and the torpedo spread. This seems to be the Way to go.
3.I use the following
Deflector - Borg
Engines - Borg
Shields - Maco
Tactical Consoles , Energy type x 3, prefire chamber x1
Science Consoles - Field Generator x 2
Engineering Consoles - Borg Module, Torpedo Point Defense System, RCS Accelerator
4. I collected the jem and its cool. But: Get a set of Borg and a set of Omgea. For which to use read above.
This is not my build. This came from one of our Fleet members who is a wiz at ships. We love her :) (Manley plutonic love...)
Decent Build (tested and has sometimes hilarious results)
3 or 4x DHCs (same energy type)
If 3, 1x quantum/photon torpedo Launcher
3x Turrets (same energy type)
4x whatever energy type you're using for weapons
3x Neutronium Alloy
Assimilated Module, Torp PDS/Field Generator (torp if you have torps equipped, FG if not)
Enjoy. But regardless, must haves are the assimilated module and MACO shields.
NOTE: Also not my build, I don't use the Escort Carrier. This build comes from a friend who does. And tears things up, and we can abandon said person to die, and they survive.
If you're thinking about doing PvP, I'd also drop the torp and replace it with a dual beam bank for beam overload, since torps will end up hitting a shield facing more often then hitting the hull.
Engineering: Borg console, 2x neutronium alloy (any more then 2 is a waste due to diminishing returns)
Science: 2x field generators mk XI or higher.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:05 AM.|