Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   [Foundry Request] (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=385801)

cloudinfinity 09-13-2012 08:48 AM

[Foundry Request]

This request is specific to dialogue...

I love that you can include modifiers into dialogues when making missions (e.g., [Rank], [ShipName], etc). In the next foundry update, would it be possible to expland these modifiers to include more things?

For example, I would love a modifier that identified the ship class that a player is using, or how much crew their ship has. I was inspired by an Episode of Voyager that I watched called Scorpion. In the beginning of part one, there's a really cool sequence on a Borg probe from a Borg perspective. I loved how they identify Voyager, list it's info and then decide to assimilate it.

After seeing the episode, I was motivated to create a mission using that type of dialogue for the borg ([PhV] Daily: Ambush). However, I was sadly disappointed the the most I could include was the Ship's full name.

In possible Foundry updates, can we have more modifiers? pleeeeease.

Here's a link to the scene that inspired this request. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bkw69E_C4g

zorbane 09-13-2012 09:26 AM

I would like this too.

Basically everything that shows up in the info box when you click on someone ;)

markhawkman 09-13-2012 09:57 AM

I learned something yesterday.... descriptions are only visible when editing. you can write a full length Bio for an NPC in their description. But people playing the game will never see it.

paxfederatica 09-13-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudinfinity (Post 5697871)
I was inspired by an Episode of Voyager that I watched called Scorpion. In the beginning of part one, there's a really cool sequence on a Borg probe from a Borg perspective. I loved how they identify Voyager, list it's info and then decide to assimilate it.

The episode is actually "Dark Frontier", not "Scorpion". The linked page even says so.

"Scorpion" opens with a bunch of Borg cubes getting waxed by a single shot from what turns out to be the Undine.

As for your proposal, I'm all for it. I'd also like to see name and rank modifiers for your BOffs. Maybe even a fleet name modifier too.

psycoticvulcan 09-13-2012 07:09 PM

Seconded. And I'd love for those modifiers to work in more places as well...in enemy "chat" boxes, even mob names! Imagine the possibilities!

cloudinfinity 09-14-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxfederatica (Post 5703701)
The episode is actually "Dark Frontier", not "Scorpion". The linked page even says so.

"Scorpion" opens with a bunch of Borg cubes getting waxed by a single shot from what turns out to be the Undine.

As for your proposal, I'm all for it. I'd also like to see name and rank modifiers for your BOffs. Maybe even a fleet name modifier too.

Whoops, you're right! My bad. I was watching clips from a bunch of different ones. Got mixed up.

drogyn1701 09-14-2012 02:47 PM

I've seen it done, I think maybe by Rogue Enterprise, where he has you earlier in a mission answer a series of questions including what ship class you fly. This gives you a code unique to each class. At the opening of some of the maps is a dialogue to put in that code, and based on which one you put in, different dialogue occurs.

So you could do it that way. Time consuming though, since there are a lot of ship classes these days.

psycoticvulcan 09-14-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drogyn1701 (Post 5714921)
I've seen it done, I think maybe by Rogue Enterprise, where he has you earlier in a mission answer a series of questions including what ship class you fly. This gives you a code unique to each class. At the opening of some of the maps is a dialogue to put in that code, and based on which one you put in, different dialogue occurs.

So you could do it that way. Time consuming though, since there are a lot of ship classes these days.

Yes, but the ship had to be called "Mirror image" because RogueEnterprise couldn't name it "I.S.S. [ShipName]". What I meant in my post was that I wanted the latter to be possible.

drogyn1701 09-14-2012 03:09 PM

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong I'd love to have some more tags, but in the mean time, there's a couple awkward workarounds.

startrek1wars 09-14-2012 04:29 PM

Yeah, I'd love more modifiers. I'd also love to be able to use the BOFFs you assign for department heads in the DOFF corner of the game. Also, I'd like to be able to use the character's ship and person for foundry missions, for the mirror universe.