Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Enemy mobs of different races fighting each other (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=386291)

paxfederatica 09-13-2012 08:31 PM

Enemy mobs of different races fighting each other

I noticed something odd this evening while tinkering with one of my maps for the upcoming "Ghosts of War, Part V". The series revolves around an alliance between the True Way Cardassians, Jem'Hadar, Breen and Devidians. But when I put one enemy mob of each of those races near each other on a ground map and tested it, I found that the Devidian mob would start attacking the other mobs (and quickly be defeated, as they were outnumbered 3-1), even though they are supposed to be of the same allegiance (i.e. "Enemy").

What's up with this? Has anyone else noticed this issue? Are there any other pairs/combos of races that will fight each other in this manner even while under the same allegiance, and is there any way to get around this other than reskinning some other mob as Devidians? (Devidians have some unique abilities and animations that I don't want to lose, so reskinning isn't a viable option in this case.)

stoleviathan99 09-13-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxfederatica (Post 5704821)
I noticed something odd this evening while tinkering with one of my maps for the upcoming "Ghosts of War, Part V". The series revolves around an alliance between the True Way Cardassians, Jem'Hadar, Breen and Devidians. But when I put one enemy mob of each of those races near each other on a ground map and tested it, I found that the Devidian mob would start attacking the other mobs (and quickly be defeated, as they were outnumbered 3-1), even though they are supposed to be of the same allegiance (i.e. "Enemy").

What's up with this? Has anyone else noticed this issue? Are there any other pairs/combos of races that will fight each other in this manner even while under the same allegiance, and is there any way to get around this other than reskinning some other mob as Devidians? (Devidians have some unique abilities and animations that I don't want to lose, so reskinning isn't a viable option in this case.)

Intentional.

Species of different factions fight one another.

drogyn1701 09-14-2012 06:11 AM

The only way other than reskinning is just to make sure the different races are not in the same room together.

markhawkman 09-14-2012 06:35 AM

Which works surprisingly well.

Hmm.... actually.... I don't think ANY race is actually "friends" with Devidians. I think that every other enemy race will attack them on sight. So if you want Devidians to not get beaten down by other races.... keep them out of sight.

drogyn1701 09-14-2012 07:59 AM

In the room where you put the devidians, you can always put a Cardassian NPC contact that yells "Faster ghosty, kill, kill!"

markhawkman 09-14-2012 08:42 AM

Yeah good point. If it's not an enemy, then it may not fight.

diogene0 09-14-2012 02:17 PM

Or you can make the enemy groups spawn one by one with different objectives. Anyway this is just speculation since we don't really know what your intentions are. :)

drogyn1701 09-14-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diogene0 (Post 5714601)
Or you can make the enemy groups spawn one by one with different objectives.

Also a good way, I forgot I did this exact thing in my latest mission. I wanted some Gorn that would shoot and some that would melee. This being a KDF mission (see my sig for titles) I had to reskin other mobs to make enemy Gorn, and if I put saurs and romulans together, they fought each other. So I made a bunch of waves of like mobs together one after the other.

diogene0 09-14-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drogyn1701 (Post 5714661)
Also a good way, I forgot I did this exact thing in my latest mission. I wanted some Gorn that would shoot and some that would melee. This being a KDF mission (see my sig for titles) I had to reskin other mobs to make enemy Gorn, and if I put saurs and romulans together, they fought each other. So I made a bunch of waves of like mobs together one after the other.

Wild animals are a well-known trick to create melee fighters. And they don't increase the required level to play the mission. But they can run, that's a problem. I think it can look weird on some missions or mobs. Borg running... That's extremely funny but that's it. :D

markhawkman 09-14-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diogene0 (Post 5714731)
Wild animals are a well-known trick to create melee fighters. And they don't increase the required level to play the mission. But they can run, that's a problem. I think it can look weird on some missions or mobs. Borg running... That's extremely funny but that's it. :D

Funnier? Devidians running! When Devidians 'walk' they slowly float through the air. When they run though, they actually stand on the ground while they do it!