Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Suggestion: Add shuttle to Wells Class (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=386701)

eddiehawkins 09-14-2012 08:46 AM

Suggestion: Add shuttle to Wells Class

I have a suggestion: Add the one-man timeship from VOY: "Future's End" as a playable shuttle-class as a bonus when we purchase the Wells class vessel from the C-Store, just like when we receive the Vulcan Support craft when we purchase the Vulcan D'Kyr from the C-Store. :)

(I'd like a ship pet, too, but since we didn't get a Vulcan Support craft non-combat pet, I'd understand not having a timeship non-com pet.)

proteus22 09-14-2012 12:45 PM

i think you are referring to captain braxtons aeon. yes that would be a cool fighter pet

lianthelia 09-14-2012 01:49 PM

Never ceases to amaze me, its always more more more...aren't there enough bloody shuttles on the fed side? Forget that its insane that players might be able to play a Wells class.

snipe048 09-14-2012 08:17 PM

Why are we supposedly getting a 29th century Timeship again?! WTF? Why don't they just give us the Ent-J while they're at it, since that one is only 200 years more advanced. lol

lianthelia 09-14-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snipe048 (Post 5716771)
Why are we supposedly getting a 29th century Timeship again?! WTF? Why don't they just give us the Ent-J while they're at it, since that one is only 200 years more advanced. lol

People think we are getting one because Wells class vessels have been showing up in game. Odds are we might because there are idiots out there who seem to think its okay for us to be flying a a ship from 400 years in the future is alright, and the devs see dollar signs like always.

darkenzedd 09-14-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lianthelia (Post 5717231)
People think we are getting one because Wells class vessels have been showing up in game. Odds are we might because there are idiots out there who seem to think its okay for us to be flying a a ship from 400 years in the future is alright, and the devs see dollar signs like always.

I 100% agree. I will have a really good laugh over how they try to explain how they are able to be played ingame when they are from 400 years into the future... :rolleyes:

It is bad enough that we are currently piloting Tholian ships ingame. :rolleyes:

intrinsical 09-14-2012 11:49 PM

Its a Timeship, just like the TARDIS. So it can show up at any time.

Personally, I'm alright with the Wells class showing up if they're extremely rare and there's a good in-game story for why they're popping up in 2409. Maybe all its futuristic tech is fried and have to be replaced by current era equipment.

lianthelia 09-15-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrinsical (Post 5717921)

Personally, I'm alright with the Wells class showing up if they're extremely rare and there's a good in-game story for why they're popping up in 2409. Maybe all its futuristic tech is fried and have to be replaced by current era equipment.

With how anal the federation time patrol is, they would stop anyone who came across the ship and erase any memory of the event.

intrinsical 09-15-2012 03:17 AM

And how would you know this isn't a pre-destination paradox?

insanerandomnes 09-15-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrinsical (Post 5717921)

True, but then, did you ever see the doctor give his tardis away for civilian use? Or even military use...

Apples and oranges mate. Two completely different ships. It's stupid to think that in the STO universe we'd get a ship from far in the future. Even if we got ahold of one, it'd be nearly impossible too understand how it works.