Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Fleet Galaxym lack of improvement? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=388581)

ufpterrell 09-16-2012 06:00 AM

Fleet Galaxym lack of improvement?
 
Comparing the fleet Galaxy to the fleet Negh'var I feel the old Galaxy needs more love. The Fleet Negh'var gained an ensign universal BOFF and an extra console slot. The galaxy gained a 5th eng console and NOTHING else. Not even the ensign universal that we've been crying out for god knows how long. The ensign engineering is so useless as undoubtedly have a "emergency power to X" which all share cool down making it all but useless.

Anyone else feel a bit gutted about this? My fleet just got to Tier 3, and I would love to get the Fleet Galaxy... but it's just not worth it at the moment.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't bother to look at the other threads on this page.. already a couple on this topic.

drkfrontiers 09-16-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ufpterrell (Post 5727691)
Comparing the fleet Galaxy to the fleet Negh'var I feel the old Galaxy needs more love. The Fleet Negh'var gained an ensign universal BOFF and an extra console slot. The galaxy gained a 5th eng console and NOTHING else. Not even the ensign universal that we've been crying out for god knows how long. The ensign engineering is so useless as undoubtedly have a "emergency power to X" which all share cool down making it all but useless.

Anyone else feel a bit gutted about this? My fleet just got to Tier 3, and I would love to get the Fleet Galaxy... but it's just not worth it at the moment.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't bother to look at the other threads on this page.. already a couple on this topic.

If they start buffing Fed cruisers, I think that KDF escorts/ raiders could also use some loving please.

I envy you. I am in the KDF and there is nothing I want in terms of Fleet Ships. Nothing. I have the Jemmy and the Recluse. KDF side nothing comes close to that. Not the Vor'cha, Nech'var. Nadda.

Sorry about the hijack post. This is a fed thread Oops! My bad. ;)

baudl 09-16-2012 02:22 PM

also your assesment is not completely right.

it has higher shield rating and more hull...each a 10% improvement.

but i feel your pain...the ensign universal kind of was a no brainer when i read about the fleet verion the first time. But then we all received a kick in the balls from cryptic...again.

since they will never change this ship again, might aswell just stop complaining about it.

lianthelia 09-16-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkfrontiers (Post 5730051)
If they start buffing Fed cruisers, I think that KDF escorts/ raiders could also use some loving please.

I envy you. I am in the KDF and there is nothing I want in terms of Fleet Ships. Nothing. I have the Jemmy and the Recluse. KDF side nothing comes close to that. Not the Vor'cha, Nech'var. Nadda.

Sorry about the hijack post. This is a fed thread Oops! My bad. ;)

Its true though, a lot of the KDF fleet vessels are trash, both the raiders and escorts suck. We have no science vessels to speak of...closest thing is the brick of a carrier that the voquv is. Only thing we come out on top on...slightly is cruisers.

matchstick606 09-16-2012 03:12 PM

remember what side your on. FED cruisers first job is not to blow stuff up (but it does happen somtimes) and it's in it's name Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit. There just having the FEDS true to startrek. Have a cruiser with good firepower, shields, and hull to take care of it's self on long missions away from home. lol talk first then shoot later

corsair114 09-16-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matchstick606 (Post 5730991)
remember what side your on. FED cruisers first job is not to blow stuff up (but it does happen somtimes) and it's in it's name Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit. There just having the FEDS true to startrek. Have a cruiser with good firepower, shields, and hull to take care of it's self on long missions away from home. lol talk first then shoot later


Except for the firepower part. The Galaxy is, approximately, 80% less dangerous than possum that has been hit by a crashing 747. The Ensign universal slot is wasted due to the way Engineering BOff powers at that Rank work. Its 5 Engineering consoles are not as good as having a fourth Science console, or even a third Tactical console. It has abysmal maneuverability, making it terrible for zone denial with Warp Plasma. It literally does nothing the Fleet Star Cruiser doesn't do better, and neither of them are even close to being as useful as the Odyssey.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:17 AM.