Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   TOS Foundry Contest - 2 Weeks Left (Win a Nimoy Autograph) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=388941)

kirksplat 09-16-2012 06:26 PM

TOS Foundry Contest - 4 Weeks Left (Win a Nimoy Autograph)

Edit: There is now 4 weeks left. I extended the deadline since we finally have competitors. New deadline is Oct. 15th

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/new...-a-tos-sequel/

The prize is probably worth $150. I only have one contestant so far. Come on, authors. This is the most valuable contest prize in the history of contests.

Where are my contestants?

Update:

Missions and contestants:

"Original Life" by SBCouto
"Ghosts of the Polmar Ree" by Bazag
"Troiya of Elas" by HippieJohn

not finished?
"TBD" by drazursouthclaw
"TBD" by Leviathan99

stoleviathan99 09-16-2012 07:46 PM

Let me ask you something...

Would a mission that is linked to post 5 year mission count? I have one that involves TMP era characters on an old Connie that wasn't refit.

kirksplat 09-16-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 (Post 5732431)
Let me ask you something...

Would a mission that is linked to post 5 year mission count? I have one that involves TMP era characters on an old Connie that wasn't refit.

Was it made for this contest?

drazursouthclaw 09-17-2012 01:07 AM

Make that 2 - I'm in.

ufpdewolfe 09-17-2012 10:57 AM

I'm been making a mission for the past ... well when ever the foundry came out.

It deals with TOS tech, but I don't have alot of time to work on it and it may be some time before it is finished.

stoleviathan99 09-17-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirksplat (Post 5732611)
Was it made for this contest?

It hasn't been made yet. It's one I've been tossing around. My big thing is that I'm a bit bored with the TOS costumes in the Foundry (no Nurse, Surgeon, Captain wraparound, etc.) and, from a story perspective, slotting missions somewhere into the five year mission. I'd like to approach the TOS film era a bit more, particularly as we HAVE those costumes and I've never seen an episode, novel, or mission that crossed over between TMP and another era. (I have seen a few novels and comics from the era. But I'd just like to give beige disco Starfleet a chance to shine.)

voporak 09-17-2012 11:12 AM

Eh, I'm not so good with the foundry, if I did make a TOS mission it would probably end up being short or pretty lame. That's the story of my one and only experimental mission I've made. :D

kirksplat 09-17-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 (Post 5737331)
It hasn't been made yet. It's one I've been tossing around. My big thing is that I'm a bit bored with the TOS costumes in the Foundry (no Nurse, Surgeon, Captain wraparound, etc.) and, from a story perspective, slotting missions somewhere into the five year mission. I'd like to approach the TOS film era a bit more, particularly as we HAVE those costumes and I've never seen an episode, novel, or mission that crossed over between TMP and another era. (I have seen a few novels and comics from the era. But I'd just like to give beige disco Starfleet a chance to shine.)

The lack of TOS assets is the real challenge of the contest for everyone. I'd play your TMP mission, but I could not accept it in this TOS contest.

stoleviathan99 09-17-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirksplat (Post 5737511)
The lack of TOS assets is the real challenge of the contest for everyone. I'd play your TMP mission, but I could not accept it in this TOS contest.

Even using the TOS interior on the idea that it's a "holdover" that hasn't been retrofit?

kirksplat 09-17-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 (Post 5737931)
Even using the TOS interior on the idea that it's a "holdover" that hasn't been retrofit?

Well, ok that works, but the basic rules of the contest are a TOS sequel or theme, basically a TOS-themed mission. So it could take place in any era, but it has to be related to one of the original episodes, etc.

So, it could be a cross-over, sure. It could be set in the TMP era. But the story/plot has to be TOS focused, you know?