Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Omega Force Colour changing. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=389771)

amayakitsune 09-17-2012 09:39 PM

Omega Force Colour changing.

I'm having trouble change the colours on the Mk XI Omega Force costume. A friend of mine has coloured the shoulders of his Omega Force uniform red but when I go to change that specific part I only get a choice of 4 colours (ranging from Black to White) and I don't get the full colour palette.

Its the Upper piece of the armor and the 3rd colour box.

tmichc 09-19-2012 02:19 PM

Yeah, the 3rd colour box only gives me the 4 colours to choose from too. Are you sure it wasn't something that they managed to do when the tailor was glitched a wee while ago? I've seen an Orion in Omega trousers & boots, but with their 'metal bikini' top.

Tim

amayakitsune 09-19-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmichc (Post 5762051)
Yeah, the 3rd colour box only gives me the 4 colours to choose from too. Are you sure it wasn't something that they managed to do when the tailor was glitched a wee while ago? I've seen an Orion in Omega trousers & boots, but with their 'metal bikini' top.

Tim

No hes had this way since just after the sets were made available. I wonder if its either something that was changed or was broken as a result of all the tailor troubles.

defalus 09-20-2012 12:11 AM

I noticed this on my female Orion character, only 4 options while my male Lib Klingon had the normal KDF colour options to pick from.

Here's a crudely thrown together comparison, don't hold it against me. :P

amayakitsune 09-20-2012 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defalus (Post 5766401)
I noticed this on my female Orion character, only 4 options while my male Lib Klingon had the normal KDF colour options to pick from.

Here's a crudely thrown together comparison, don't hold it against me. :P

I think that may have something to do with it... my Fed female Alien has the 4 colours... my friends Fed male Human has the full palette... wish I had the full one too.

bberge1701 09-20-2012 01:51 PM

Me too

I've noticed this too. I only have one character that has the Omega Force Mark XI so far, a female human. Some of the color selections are the full uniform palette, some are just shades of gray (silver?). I wanted to add some "division color" parts to the uniform, and was rather disappointed by where I could and could not do this.

This is a unisex outfit; I don't think it should work differently for male and female characters. If it does, it's is an issue that should be addressed.

She also has the M.A.C.O. armor Mark XI, which has similar restrictions on the color palettes. However, the places you can use the uniform colors makes much more sense to me. There's even a two-color palette for little blue "lights" on the armor, which is a nice touch.

undyingzero 11-22-2012 03:31 PM

The trick is, I discovered, that you need to use the Off-Duty uniform setting, which allows you to actually CHOOSE different tops and bottoms. So you can have a Sierra top with a Omega bottom. You can't, however, use the MACO boots with the Omega bottoms, sadly.