Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   botany bortasqu tactical cruiser?? oh no!! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=389871)

lykum 09-18-2012 04:30 AM

botany bortasqu tactical cruiser?? oh no!!

so i just happen to spend all my hard earned zen on the most powerful weapon in the KDF aaaaaand flop for me. my idea was to try to get in cloaked, decloak, have full transphasic torpedo stack igh yeild 3 for crit h and severity and if that dint cut em down 'd t least have all forward facing disruptors (including 3 aft disruptor turrets, maybe 4 now) including the disruptor autocannon.

problem is i can't afford 15 bajillion ec for my transphasic stack and it sucks as it sits now. ca't do sh*t without crit h and severity. mine spread beta 3 isnt achievable in tactical cruiser and that really sucks i absoloutley neeeded beta 3!! and the disruptor autocannon sucks without disruptor coil stacking.

so i guess you could say im caught between rock n hard place? should i push disruptor stack and hope for the best on transphasic crit H ad severity?

need veteran input plz explain.

lykum 09-18-2012 04:37 AM

i mean, surely, we can simulate space a little better t han this! don't te me otherwise nerds!! i can see the pangs of defeat in yo eyes!! i see it!!! destryoed in 1.2 seconds full warbird plasma spread when warbirds dont even shoot plasma torpedos !!!!

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

gunfodder99 09-18-2012 05:59 AM

I just picked up the Bortasqu trio and after playing a bit it is difficult to know what weapons to stack where.

Since I have only been playing for a few months and only 4-8 hours a week I do not have much of the acronyms or ship names down.

I'm use to being able to turn fairly quickly and keep forward weapons on my target. With the Bortasqu I fell like a large target as soon as a few targets flank me.

I just read where someone stacked disruptor beams and 5x disruptor consoles.

bitemepwe 09-18-2012 07:37 AM

I enjoyed my Bortie when I played it but it is a different style of vessel to fly.

It works well with a Beam Boat set-up I discovered and that is one of the ways I flew it for PvP and PvE.
Tactical Toon
BO1 ApB1
BO1
EPTW1 EPTS2 EXTS2 A2SIF3
EPTW1 EPTS2 ET3
ST HE2 or HE1 TB2

(8) Beam arrays of choice

(2) Damage Control DOffs
(2) Shield Distribution DOffs
(1) Warp Core Engineer DOff

Tank the attackers, grab them with the TB2, pound them with the BO1s + EPTW1, throw EXT2, ET3 or HE1 on nearby friendly's.

A Cannon Boat can work for the Bortie but its slow as Greth'or turn rate makes cannon use tricky at best and near impossible at worst.

TT1 ApD1
TT1 CSV1 CRF2
EPTW1 EPTS2 DEM2 A2SIF3
EPTS1
HE1 TB2 OR HE1 TSS2

(2) DHCs
(1) Quad cannon
(1) DCs or (4) Single Cannons
(4) Turrets

(2) Damage Control DOffs
(2) Shield Distribution DOffs
(1) Warp Core Engineer DOff

Try to surprise the target, grab them with TB2, hit TI3, ApA, TF, GDF, FOMM, EPTW1, CRF2, DEM2, ApD1 and unleash the fireworks. Use a Engine Batt or Dueterium to move to keep target in firing arcs.

I even tried a Hybrid Beam/Turret boat but was never satisfied with its performance. though it did failry well against pet spammers.

vitzh 09-19-2012 04:55 AM

You are using Transphasics? Theres a problem right there.....

Can you recreate your post using proper structure please and post exactly your build, including weapons and their bonuses and bridge officer slot layout. As it stands it's near impossible to help you as I couldn't make heads or tails about what you were on about.

lykum 09-19-2012 04:00 PM

sry its the ads for zen, my internet explorer hates it... alot. think im going to try since i already bought a very rare xii transphasic compressor might as well try both. was thinking if i swap my sif generator for xii neutronium, and swap my emergency force fields with ch'tang subspace jump console it might do a bit better. thanks!

lordmalak1 09-19-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lykum (Post 5743611)
i mean, surely, we can simulate space a little better t han this! don't te me otherwise nerds!! i can see the pangs of defeat in yo eyes!! i see it!!! destryoed in 1.2 seconds full warbird plasma spread when warbirds dont even shoot plasma torpedos !!!!

I know, right ?
Even worse, they allow plasma on shuttles.
:eek:

age03 09-19-2012 05:11 PM

I tried the Borta on my Kdf tac and it doesn't do well as it is to big and can't use cannons which i have on my boffs.I use tier 3 raptor and works great.The ops version is far better for tac but you are still stuck with beams.

lykum 09-20-2012 03:42 AM

it just sucks im so pist off about it. tactical character with a tactical cruiser that can't do a whole lot except fight the borg oooOOOuuuOO. leave it to idiot devs who gives all the advantage to the tiny ships that couldn't generate enough power to flush the toilet in the ready room. i don't even feel like i have a big ship really. it's just bigger in looks, and that's just the problem. hoping that 5th tactical console will give the transphasic setup what it needs. my objective is to destroy a tank build. plus a science vessel or two because im running full power insulator

hasukurobi 09-24-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lykum (Post 5767361)
it just sucks im so pist off about it. tactical character with a tactical cruiser that can't do a whole lot except fight the borg oooOOOuuuOO. leave it to idiot devs who gives all the advantage to the tiny ships that couldn't generate enough power to flush the toilet in the ready room. i don't even feel like i have a big ship really. it's just bigger in looks, and that's just the problem. hoping that 5th tactical console will give the transphasic setup what it needs. my objective is to destroy a tank build. plus a science vessel or two because im running full power insulator

Transphasics are crap... Just so that you know that. You also need to fly the ship as fast as you can. Use Tactical Fleet, Attack Pattern Omega, and Attack Pattern Alpha to get some movement. Deuterum Surplus and Evasive Maneuvers get you going even more.

For fast little ships being annoying come in on them while they are unsuspecting and decloak and rip lose with a full Alpha and they will pop so fast they will not know what happened. The Bortasqu' is an absolutely devastating MONSTER but you need to treat it like a leviathan because that is what it is.

An example of MY setup which works very well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL7m-UUiCqw