Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Limited Time Starbase Project suggestions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=390581)

robdmc 09-18-2012 04:31 PM

Limited Time Starbase Project suggestions

200,000 dilithuim is a lot of resources for a static cosmetic changes to our starbase interiors. There are always questions about perceive value and there are a lot of people who grumble about it before it even comes out even though they haven't put resources into it yet.

The purpose of this thread is to allow us to say what we feels has that 200,000 dilithium value to it. I figure even if we stay within the restrictions they they are following there could be some interesting items. (Restrictions as in stationary and cosmetic changes of a reasonable size)

Here are some examples I'm thinking of.

1) Water fountain

2) Goal posts and a soccer ball colored tribble (I like kicking tribbles, who knew)

3) Daycare/kids/families. (I remember the 24th century episodes more family oriented and it is completely lacking in this game.)

4) Framed murals along the wall with different space scenery.

What have your thought of?

robdmc 09-18-2012 04:38 PM

Also on the kdf side maybe a few barrels of 2309 bloodwine! :)

cynder2012 09-18-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdmc (Post 5752561)
2) Goal posts and a soccer ball colored tribble (I like kicking tribbles, who knew)

HAHAHA...i do that also when im bored...i see how many of them i can kick into the turbolift

psycoticvulcan 09-18-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Water fountain

Sure.

Quote:

Definitely support. :D

Quote:

Daycare/kids/families. (I remember the 24th century episodes more family oriented and it is completely lacking in this game.)

Considering all the people we're at war with right now, that might not be the best idea.

Quote:

Framed murals along the wall with different space scenery.

YES.

jkstocbr 09-18-2012 08:45 PM

What about unlocking some unique playable dailies onboard the starbase, to .. you know ... make the Starbase useful for a change?

syberghost 09-19-2012 10:00 AM

A bathroom.

hpcapulet 09-19-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syberghost (Post 5760091)
A bathroom.

Um no. Bathroom buffs just comes out wrong. :rolleyes:

All for useful projects that actually justify the hundreds of thousands of dilithium spent. some small suggestions..

1. Red Alert station: 6/12/24 hour cool down. triggers ground invasion of selected NPC race to fight off. Difficulty level of spawns has same drop chances as existing micro STF mission queues. No group needed, think back to Earth Space Deck bog invasion. :D

2. Working holodeck: load up missions, auto queues group for any mission leader selects.

3. Crafting labs: raw mats + components/gear to craft or upgrade existing gear.

connortreeves67 09-19-2012 10:49 AM

I like the daily missions, but also having fleet DOFF mission would be great, not unique to your character, but one's you can only initialize through having an NPC/Room with NPCs to separate by type of Doff missions and such. But idk alot that can be done. :D

bluegeek 09-19-2012 10:50 AM

I would have been fine with the "High Security" project if it had a non-cosmetic benefit, even a minor one.

Or how about if they increased the effectiveness of the Security Team ability during Starbase interior missions, as if they were a DOFF?

Or provided a weak, permanent buff to some ground stat during Starbase interior missions?

These special projects should provide both a cosmetic change and some kind of small non-cosmetic benefit, IMO.

bluegeek 09-19-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpcapulet (Post 5760421)
1. Red Alert station: 6/12/24 hour cool down. triggers ground invasion of selected NPC race to fight off. Difficulty level of spawns has same drop chances as existing micro STF mission queues. No group needed, think back to Earth Space Deck bog invasion. :D

This makes me think that the "High Security" project could have also added the ability to start a "Security Drill" on your Starbase by talking to one of the special security officers.

Invoking "Security Drill" could summon holographic invaders that could be targeted, providing functionality that RPers could take advantage of to inject actual combat into their role-play.

Heck, I'd like to be able to set off a "Security Drill" on my ship's interior. :D