Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   DR, field generator, and loots questions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=391361)

osirisraa 09-19-2012 03:23 PM

DR, field generator, and loots questions

First question

It seems some rare loot puts out more dps then its very rare same mark counter part.
I was looking on the exchange and some rare mark viii for example were doing more dps then very rares mark viii of the same thing? Whats going on here is this a bug still needing to be fixed?

second question

I put on my neutroium alloy to day that supposed to give me 17.5 all energy resistance, but yet when I put it on my resistance under the ship status tab, then defence tab, only goes to 14.9? whats that all about?

3rd I put on a field generator which is suppost to increase my shield cap by 17 % and my shield stayed at 6000 also under the ship status defence tab... whys that arent they suppose to go up 17%

4th I read on the fourms that stacking phaser relays has no diminishing returns and that they could see this by moving them on and off but I like to see this for my self yet I can not find under the ship status attack tab anything about over all dps. How do you see the over all dps of your ship and how do you move the relays on and off to see the dps change?

thx for reading and any help would be great full

fiberteksyfir 09-20-2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osirisraa (Post 5762781)
First question

It seems some rare loot puts out more dps then its very rare same mark counter part.
I was looking on the exchange and some rare mark viii for example were doing more dps then very rares mark viii of the same thing? Whats going on here is this a bug still needing to be fixed?

The damage isn't the part that classifies it's rarity, its the number of mods.

It's entirely possible that a fizzywig mk xi [dmg]x2 does more base damage by the numbers shown than a fizzywig mk xi [crtd]x3.

second question

I put on my neutroium alloy to day that supposed to give me 17.5 all energy resistance, but yet when I put it on my resistance under the ship status tab, then defence tab, only goes to 14.9? whats that all about?

Make sure you're in a space map when you equip items to see their real effects (not sector space, like.. a mission or in orbit of SOL/DS9)

3rd I put on a field generator which is suppost to increase my shield cap by 17 % and my shield stayed at 6000 also under the ship status defence tab... whys that arent they suppose to go up 17%

See above

4th I read on the fourms that stacking phaser relays has no diminishing returns and that they could see this by moving them on and off but I like to see this for my self yet I can not find under the ship status attack tab anything about over all dps. How do you see the over all dps of your ship and how do you move the relays on and off to see the dps change?

thx for reading and any help would be great full

You can parse dps with /combatlog and dumping the log file into ACT (Advanced Combat Tracker) to see your actual DPS or mouse over your weapons while firing. The status screens don't show your DPS. Regarding Tactical consoles in general, that add +x% of your BASE damage. Each one adds the same amount, but it's based on your completely unbuffed and unmodified damage

10charactersFTW

bareel 09-20-2012 05:42 AM

You have to understand how the math works and be in space (not sector) to see the proper stats.

Weapon Damage: As stated before a [Dmg] mod on a weapon will give it a higher listed DPS than say a [CritD] mod, however that [CritD] mod typically will give more dps in the course of a fight because the dps listed on the weapon does not take crits into account. Only damage per volley / length of time of volley.

Armor: Armor rating goes into a formula that gives you your % reduction that has minor diminishing returns as you approach 100 resist or 50% reduction. It scales linearly aside from the very minor built in penalty when you start getting near 100 resist or 50% reduction. *edit* What the resist number represents in the Effective Hull Points you would have or gain. So a 17.5 resist console would add 17.5% more Effective Hull Points, or it would take 17.5% more raw damage to crack your hull. Don't worry about the resist % it is very misleading to most people. For example if you go from 50% reduction to 75% reduction you DOUBLE the amount of damage it would take to crack the hull and give the same exact increase that going from 0% to 50% reduction would. Just remember 50-100 resist is about all the more you need before the game begins to penalize it a bit.

Shields: You shield is calculated with this formula: (Shield Base + (Skill Mod * Shield Base) + (Console Mod * Shield Base)) * Ship Shield Mod. At 100 skill you get a .3 shield mod. So lets say your shield provided 1,000 with max skill and one console on a 1.0 shield mod ship. (1,000 + (300) + (180)) * 1 = 1,480 total shield per facing. Once again they have a linearly scaling.

Tac Consoles: These add a set amount of damage per volley to the weapon based only on the weapon type and the consoles quality. If the first console adds 100 damage per volley then the second one will add 100 damage and so on. With 3 you would get 300 additional damage per volley total. Again they scale in a linear fashion.

Nearly everything in this game's math uses the + with very few exceptions like tac captain skills.