Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Complementary lifetime subscription. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=392001)

chaz200565 09-20-2012 07:26 AM

Complementary lifetime subscription.

I know this won't get very far but what the heck.
If you like me has spent a great deal of real money on this game,i think STO should show their appreciation,by giving us a free lifetime subscription.
I am sure they will have records of what has been spent by individuals on this game.
SO COME ON STO,SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FREELY.

thecosmic1 09-20-2012 07:30 AM

How much is a "great deal of real money?" An LTS is $300.00, so to qualify you'd need to spend at least $300.00 in the C-Store. And then what about all the LTS members who paid their $300.00 and also spent "great deal of real money" on C-Store stuff? Shouldn't they get something extra due to Cryptic showing appreciation to them too? At a certain point everyone just wants more free stuff. :)

chaz200565 09-20-2012 07:33 AM

Put it this way,I have played this game since january this year,and have spent alot more than 300 bucks, from january to present. (sept).

chaz200565 09-20-2012 07:36 AM

I forgot to add, you say people want more free stuff?
If memory serves,this is meant to be "a free game". even though it says that,its certainly not free by any means.

kobayashlmaru 09-20-2012 07:37 AM

That would infuriate a lot of people if that kind of thing ever happened publically. Lifers also spend money beyond their subs too. It's not fair to reward them based on how much you pay, since some lifers probably spent that same amount plus their LTS purchase.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be upset if someone who made constant major contributions to the development of the game be given something for their efforts.

hippiejon 09-20-2012 07:39 AM

Put it this way.
If you had saved that money a little bit each month, you could have bought the lifetime sub, started getting the stipend, and been making purchases that way.

What you are experiencing is called Buyer's remorse. You spent a truckload of money on the game. You wish you had spent it differently, and so now you are asking for something for nothing.

I have spent a lot on the game myself , amazingly since January , when the game went F2P. When I started playing. I , like you , made the decision on how to spend my money. I also made the decision to stop spending so much, but never have I felt like Cryptic owes me anything because I spent so much on their game.

thecosmic1 09-20-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaz200565 (Post 5770181)
Put it this way,I have played this game since january this year,and have spent alot more than 300 bucks, from january to present. (sept).

Put it this way: I had to buy the game just to play at launch, I bought an LTS, and I own every Federation item in the C-Store - Ships, Races, BOFFs, Uniforms, Pets, etc - and this includes some items I paid for that were eventually given away for free to everyone at FTP. And there are thousands of other LTSers just like me. The odds are you have not even come close to spending the type of money we have.

thecosmic1 09-20-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaz200565 (Post 5770221)
I forgot to add, you say people want more free stuff?
If memory serves,this is meant to be "a free game". even though it says that,its certainly not free by any means.

You are confused as to what a "free game" is. You can play this game from 1 to 50 and never spend a cent. You can do Elite STFs and every other end-game thing this game offers, and never pay a cent. This game is free.

If you want pretty fluff items, though. You have to pay for them - or grind long enough to get them for free.

thegreendragoon1 09-20-2012 07:46 AM

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that most of the stuff you've purchased were things that LTS players don't get for free.

I will say that from time to time, Cryptic has discounted the Lifetime subscription for as little as $200. If you're itching to make the jump, that's the time to do it.

chaz200565 09-20-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecosmic1 (Post 5770291)
Put it this way: I had to buy the game just to play at launch, I bought an LTS, and I own every Federation item in the C-Store - Ships, Races, BOFFs, Uniforms, Pets, etc - and this includes some items I paid for that were eventually given away for free to everyone at FTP. And there are thousands of other LTSers just like me. The odds are you have not even come close to spending the type of money we have.

A good point about saving each time to get the lifetime sub,however i don't have a credit card to register for it.