Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   C-store for keys only now? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=401651)

zwajo 09-28-2012 01:40 PM

C-store for keys only now?

With everything seeming to come out in lockboxs now, am I the only one who is beginning to wonder if what we have in the store is all there will ever be? Esp with the wells now being used as master key bait, are the days of just being able to buy something without gambling over?

cavadus 09-28-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zwajo (Post 5881671)
...are the days of just being able to buy something without gambling over?

Yup, now go get your 29th century ship that comes from an organization which has the explicit purpose of stopping timeline corruption.

hevach 09-28-2012 01:45 PM

Yeah, it's not like they didn't have a ship, a uniform, some overpriced EV suits, and fleet related items released on the C-store since the last lockbox launched, plus two ships, a shuttle, and a doff pack between that one and the previous one. Nothing at all since the first lockbox.

neoakiraii 09-28-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zwajo (Post 5881671)
With everything seeming to come out in lockboxs now, am I the only one who is beginning to wonder if what we have in the store is all there will ever be? Esp with the wells now being used as master key bait, are the days of just being able to buy something without gambling over?

Vesta will be C store. also did we already forget the Regent came out not too long ago, and before that the Armitage class. It has not been that long since a C store ship came out.

thecosmic1 09-28-2012 01:52 PM

As I remember hearing it, the plan was to get 1 new C-Store ship out every 6-8 weeks. They also try to get out 1-2 Uniform Packs per month, and several smaller items like Tribbles, Pets, DOFF Packs, Shuttles, etc.

As far as upcoming ships, we have the Andorian ship, the Merian, the Vesta Class, and the Ambassador Class forthcoming - the Ambassador is supposed to be an Event ship but I assume there will be C-Store version as well, like the Odyssey.

I generally manage to spend 1,000 to 3,000 Zen per month in the C-Store.

knuhteb5 09-28-2012 01:54 PM

Pretty soon we'll see exclusive forum access being made into a lock box prize. What's more, to post a response, we'll have to spend 1 lobi crystal and to create a new thread, you'll have to spend 5 lobi. I'm so excited by the prospect of this new system it sounds chills down my spine.

Edit: While I don't condone the lock box ships, it wouldn't be terribly bad if they released one every 3 months. However, I don't want to see a lock box ship getting released so frequently that c-store ship releases seem scarce. I also don't like all of the fanfare surrounding these lockbox ships when the real fanfare should be around FE's and c-store releases related to events.

sean2448 09-28-2012 01:54 PM

this box is better out put of lobi
it is how they get cannon stuff into game

knuhteb5 09-28-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean2448 (Post 5881901)
this box is better out put of lobi
it is how they get cannon stuff into game

How is giving a non-canon, time traveling ship to players in the 25th century defined as "cannon stuff"?

nalo 09-28-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoakiraii (Post 5881791)
Vesta will be C store. also did we already forget the Regent came out not too long ago, and before that the Armitage class. It has not been that long since a C store ship came out.

Very True
If only they could put something new in there when the new lock box is launched it might not Seem that way

kingdoxy 09-28-2012 02:41 PM

Folks angry there isn't enough stuff in the Cstore. Hilarious.