Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Was i hacked or is it a cryptic user (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=402271)

spacecaptian 09-29-2012 08:07 AM

(problem solved) Was i hacked or is it a cryptic user

there is somebody with my same name spacecaptain who i've seen posting things
he must either be a cryptic user (i'm pwe) or he hacked my account
(i think he's a cryptic user)

(edit nevermind this guy is SpaceCaptain and i'm spacecaptain)

(edit he's gone because cryptic accounts don't work anymore)

thecosmic1 09-29-2012 08:16 AM

According to the search function there's only 1 spacecaptian, and that's you - and you made 3 posts on the forum. Since you spelled captain wrong in your user name it's quite possible there's a spacecaptain out there who isn't you, but still posting with the correct speling; or some other combination of user name similar to yours: spacecaptain1, spacecaptian1, spac3captian, etc.

spacecaptian 09-29-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecosmic1 (Post 5888511)
According to the search function there's only 1 spacecaptian, and that's you - and you made 3 posts on the forum. Since you spelled captain wrong in your user name it's quite possible there's a spacecaptain out there who isn't you, but still posting with the correct speling; or some other combination of user name similar to yours: spacecaptain1, spacecaptian1, spac3captian, etc.

or he is using cryptic instead of pwe

Edit: he posted before i even joined

thecosmic1 09-29-2012 08:19 AM

Cryptic folks can't post on the forum any more. The forums are PW now, so only PW accounts can post here.

spacecaptian 09-29-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecosmic1 (Post 5888581)
Cryptic folks can't post on the forum any more. The forums are PW now, so only PW accounts can post here.

so he's probably gone for good

(whew i was worried people would confuse me for him)

captainrevo1 09-29-2012 08:22 AM

pwe forum names should also all be lower case.

however if somehow he is using an old cryptic account and is still posting then its nothing to worry about other than being a little odd that it still works. only worry when its exactly the same as you.

spacecaptian 09-29-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainrevo1 (Post 5888611)
pwe forum names should also all be lower case.

however if somehow he is using an old cryptic account and is still posting then its nothing to worry about other than being a little odd that it still works. only worry when its exactly the same as you.

it doesn't still work it was just an old post i found

edit: so we don't have anything to worry about

spacecaptian 09-29-2012 08:34 AM

Btw he posted something gross i would never even

edit: it was in archived posts from back in 2010 i wasn't even on here

jdalton1 09-29-2012 09:09 AM

I've looked carefully, and he's called SpaceCaptain, and i can see in your handle that you are spacecaptian. (he has "ai" and you have "ia" in your handle)

tobar26th 09-29-2012 09:39 AM

Hi Space Captain,

If you'd like to PM me a link to some of his threads I'll get this looked in to for you.

Cheers

Tobar26th

Edit: Looks like jdalton1 has probably hit the nail on the head there.