Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Whats up with ESD and Qo'noS??? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=402621)

nikolaivladikov 09-29-2012 05:44 PM

Whats up with ESD and Qo'noS???

Looked thru the Forums before asking this (may have over-looked it)

Anyway, whats up with ESD? Logged on, beamed into ESD to grab some things, and noticed big Plasma Fires in and around the Transporter Room, all the way to Admiral Quin's Office. The Admiral himself was sitting OUTSIDE his office...
Was just curious about that

f9thaceshigh 09-29-2012 07:07 PM

ESD has recently come under attack by rogue Klingon assault teams. I suspect a breach of Starfleet Security to be responsible, perhaps the Klingons have stolen a shipment of transwarp coils.

On a serious note, there've been a few cases of this in the past few days, it seems that Klingon players have found some new way of reaching ESD. Cryptic has a habit of "accidentally" giving new KDF ships the "Transwarp to ESD" power, instead of the proper "transwarp to Qo'noS" power whenever a new KDF ship is released. I suspect that this happened to one of the new lockbox ships.

foundrelic 09-29-2012 08:46 PM

Earth Space docks Wandering crew

While I like many others can enjoy a laugh or two finding Admiral Quinn in Club 47 and Sulu at the bank, the spam about it is getting VERY old.

Please close whatever loophole people are using to aggro these NPC's or crank these NPC's so they can one shot the people who are aggroing them.

I for one would love to hear the *****ing about how Quinn one shotted someone who was trying to be a wise*** by kiting him to the transporter room.

khayuung 09-29-2012 08:49 PM

Finally we have a capital sector assault. This is how a war should be like!

f9thaceshigh 09-29-2012 08:53 PM

I remember a youtube video, from the first time this happened, where a player assassinated Sugihara and Quinn avenged the ambassador with a one shot kill on the assasin

szim 09-30-2012 01:55 AM

I think this is hilarious. Such "raids" should form a permanent feature of the game. I can't wait to raid the Klingon homeworld ;-)

rohirrim 09-30-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by szim (Post 5896321)
I think this is hilarious. Such "raids" should form a permanent feature of the game. I can't wait to raid the Klingon homeworld ;-)

As long as it doesn't affect mission giving NPC's or other NPC's with key functions.

hevach 09-30-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohirrim (Post 5896701)
As long as it doesn't affect mission giving NPC's or other NPC's with key functions.

Luckily, when it happens it's usually only in one instance. These days most social zones have mutliple instances, so you can change to get away from one that's missing NPCs.

rohirrim 09-30-2012 09:21 AM

New players may not know how to change instances and stop playing because they can't continue after the tutorial because they can't find Quinn.

markhawkman 09-30-2012 10:59 AM

I don't think that ANY of the actual npc contacts on ESD can be KOed, just relocated. IIRC the way they relocate Quinn is by blasting him with a pulsewave repeatedly.

Truthfully.... people who are THAT new don't even know how to find Quinn's office.