Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   My quest to obtain the Wells! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=402701)

chrisdorey 09-29-2012 09:03 PM

My quest to obtain the Wells!

This is my very first ever post with the Forum so bear with me everyone!

I've been a loyal player with STO since launch and I'm happy they've finally decided to put my absolute favourite ship in game, the Wells class!

Ever since I saw that ship fly across my tv in "Relativity" I've been hooked. Sadly, they're making my desire to fly it in game a little more difficult with the Lock Boxes.... :(

I started my quest today with 40 Lock Boxes to open and so far, nothing....

Anyone have any tips, tricks or ideas?

ANY input is welcome!

cruisin1500 09-29-2012 09:20 PM

you need to buy enough keys for at least 100 lock boxes. Simply doing 40 gives you too small a chance.

foundrelic 09-29-2012 10:04 PM

DO what I did. Save your Lobi and buy the Mobius. then stockpile the temporal lock boxes and open the, at a leisurely rate.

You're likely to get it eventually if you stack your temporal boxes high and wide enough.

gthaatar 09-30-2012 04:55 AM

40 boxes is more than enough of a chance to get a Wells. Thats around when I got mine, and I was among the first few to get one.

Its best to only open ~50-60 boxes at a time. If you don't get a ship, cut your losses and try again another day. That way at least, you don't blow 200 keys on nothing with Lobis. (Though with the Temporal Lockbox that isn't an issue like it was with the Ferengi or Tholian boxes. The Destoyer is actually worth it)

chrisdorey 09-30-2012 07:50 AM

Now, would it make more sense to buy a lot of keys and then sell them on the Exchange to build up the EC to buy one there?

Buying 100 keys is not a guarantee I will get it, so at least in that way I could just buy it outright?

Do keys sell that well on the Exchange?

woerligen 09-30-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisdorey (Post 5897441)
Now, would it make more sense to buy a lot of keys and then sell them on the Exchange to build up the EC to buy one there?

Buying 100 keys is not a guarantee I will get it, so at least in that way I could just buy it outright?

Do keys sell that well on the Exchange?

The keys sell circa 1.2m EC per key. Subject to change, however.
Therefore, I'd also like to hear it from somebody else?

I like the Mobius (Moebius?) but I would prefer to get the Wells, and the correct uniform. Makes for some awesome RP.

scbypwr 09-30-2012 09:44 AM

Buy it off the exchange. They were a 100 million on release...now they are about 80 million ec. Give it a few weeks and they will probably drop.

I am waiting for that to happen now...:cool:

Seems a waste to have to pay 60 million ec for a console!

Temporal destroyer is awesome!

rustiswordz 10-01-2012 04:51 PM

Id like a Wells. Im saving up the boxes and like someone said just open them at leasure.
I want one because HGWells wrote Time Machine and War of the Worlds here in my home town of Woking.

Ive got a Thunderchild named after the warship that battled the Martians in WOTW.

I want a Wells now to keep it company. :)

woerligen 10-01-2012 05:24 PM

Local flavour, cool!

Wells, even with the Wells at, let's say 50m EC it will still take me ages to get it. But I'm patient and I remember a time when my main character already had Six Million EC. :eek: I am going to have so much again.

scbypwr 10-01-2012 07:09 PM

Got the wells last night and it is making it difficult to take the m?bius out...lol

A very nice ship...dual heavy cannons would be a nice addition!