Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Polarized Disruptor MK XI or [Borg] Disruptor MK XII? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=403561)

rikaelus 10-01-2012 12:09 AM

Polarized Disruptor MK XI or [Borg] Disruptor MK XII?

The definitive differences seem to come down to:
- XI vs XII damage
- [Borg] has the Borg radiation proc
- PolDis has a power drain proc

My personal use case is STFs. That said, I think the question is: Does the power drain proc make up for the loss of the radiation proc and damage difference?

My first run in ISE with a Polarized Disruptor set yielded something unexpected. I was the first one attacking the patrol Cube and in the opening seconds, the Cube completely lost all shields. I can only assume that means that between my guns and my Plasmonic Leech, I literally drained it to 0 shield power. While that might be a rare thing, it was a potent first impression of the amount of draining I'm doing, and on top of the disruptor resistance debuff.

I later saw another Cube completely lose shielding but I can't say if that was my doing or someone else's Phaser proc.

Opinions?

afree100 10-01-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rikaelus (Post 5904781)
- XI vs XII damage

My personal use case is STFs. That said, I think the question is: Does the power drain proc make up for the loss of the radiation proc and damage difference?

My first run in ISE with a Polarized Disruptor set yielded something unexpected. I was the first one attacking the patrol Cube and in the opening seconds, the Cube completely lost all shields. I can only assume that means that between my guns and my Plasmonic Leech, I literally drained it to 0 shield power. While that might be a rare thing, it was a potent first impression of the amount of draining I'm doing, and on top of the disruptor resistance debuff.

I later saw another Cube completely lose shielding but I can't say if that was my doing or someone else's Phaser proc.

Opinions?

Hmm thats interesting I thought that the borg cube would not be de-shieded by that much power drain and I don't think Plasmonic Leech shares its drain with Polaron. It also depends on the mods (e.g. CrtD, Acc, CrtH, Dmg (Dmg is actually about the same as the other mods contrary to popular belief so long as its not PVP, although it is my belief that in PVP Acc is about 4 times better than all the other mods)) that the polarized weapon has, also keep in mind that Acc still does extra damage due to an overflow if your weapons are 100% accurate (which is agasit most if not all NPCs). The difference between Mk XI and XII is not that great and to be perfectly honist dmg, CrtH, CrtD and Acc would be better than the borg proc. Also the de-shielding from the cube would probably be even smaller so your best bet is probably the Borg weapons so long as you are fighting borg, in a fleet action you are better off using the polarized disruptor (since more shields in fleet events + borg mod is useless) and in PVP whichever one has the most Acc mods.

rikaelus 10-01-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afree100 (Post 5904931)
Hmm thats interesting I thought that the borg cube would not be de-shieded by that much power drain and I don't think Plasmonic Leech shares its drain with Polaron. It also depends on the mods (e.g. CrtD, Acc, CrtH, Dmg (Dmg is actually about the same as the other mods contrary to popular belief so long as its not PVP, although it is my belief that in PVP Acc is about 4 times better than all the other mods)) that the polarized weapon has, also keep in mind that Acc still does extra damage due to an overflow if your weapons are 100% accurate (which is agasit most if not all NPCs). The difference between Mk XI and XII is not that great and to be perfectly honist dmg, CrtH, CrtD and Acc would be better than the borg proc. Also the de-shielding from the cube would probably be even smaller so your best bet is probably the Borg weapons so long as you are fighting borg, in a fleet action you are better off using the polarized disruptor (since more shields in fleet events + borg mod is useless) and in PVP whichever one has the most Acc mods.

WALL OF TEXT O_O

PvP isn't a factor more me. At least right now. And if it ever becomes one, I'll be re-researching optimization from the ground up.

The Polarized Disruptors I've favored are [Acc][CrtH]. Figured that was among the best combo, given only two traits on them.

So PvE (Fleet Actions and STFs) are all I really care about right now.

gypsyblade 10-01-2012 02:44 AM

IMO its the best combo for PVE stuff...

I've been going for [Acc] [CritD] personally for space stuff, I haven't seen a pulsewave so still using the borg ones on Feet missions.

Most of my ships have been switched out for this Hybrid weapon, except for the borg turrets (Which proc the 1k damage more).

Last I was on the Beam Arrays were about 200k, the DHC 300k, and the DBB 200k, Mk XII ones that is

bubblygumsworth 10-01-2012 03:07 AM

I've been using the MKXII Dual heavy polaron/disruptors CritD x2 with the 2 part Omega set on my BoP for that extra shield damage that you get with the set.

Works pretty well

cidevant 10-08-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rikaelus (Post 5904781)
- XI vs XII damage

Opinions?

If you're doing it right shield facings don't stay up long anyways. If you're looking for energy drain I'd say you're better off going polaron [borg] weapons.