Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Achieving rank 3 in Marauding did not grant transwarp and marauding abilities (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=403951)

thechillum 10-01-2012 10:35 AM

Achieving rank 3 in Marauding did not grant transwarp and marauding abilities

My Klingon character reached rank 3 in Marauding recently but still does not:

1. Have the new transwarp destination on that menu
2. The ability to grant Raiding Party
3. Able to enter the Sirius sector block

According to the blurb in game rank 4 Marauding should grant:

- Accolade "Pirate" - Received
- "Pirate" title - Received
- Personal Ability: Grant Marauding - No raiding party icon is available via my abilities pop up menu whilst in space
- Personal Ability: Transwarp to Regulus Sector Block - Transwarp destinations have not been updated to include this option
- Select a single blue quality Duty Officer - Received

I tried using the "Update Commendation Records" via the S'stas NPC @ Klingon Academy with no effect immediately or after relogging.

I attempted to send in a ticket but that particular web page seems to be broken as I was unable to select any game I was requesting assistance for and thus unable to proceed with the form.

I would appreciate any assistance on this matter.

Edit: Have now been able to submit a ticket.

tom61sto 10-01-2012 07:48 PM

Are you Rank 3 or 4? You need 4 for Raiding Party. What's your CXP on Marauding at currently(should be 100K or more for Rank 4)?

markhawkman 10-01-2012 09:13 PM

Try doing a respec. That fixed it when my Fed char had this problem.

Or just go loot and pillage more.... It won't fix it but it's fun!

thechillum 10-02-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom61sto (Post 5916071)
Are you Rank 3 or 4? You need 4 for Raiding Party. What's your CXP on Marauding at currently(should be 100K or more for Rank 4)?

I am rank 3 marauding on my Klingon character.

I kind of assumed that the Klingon equivalent of Diplomatic Immunity would be given on rank 3 Marauding as it was with my Federation character.

The STO Wiki page states that rank 3 Marauding gives Raiding Party:

Quote:

Tier 3 - Pirate

50,000 Commendation XP required
Accolade "Pirate"
"Pirate" Title
Transwarp Drive (Regulus)
Assign Raiding Party
Quote:

Originally Posted by markhawkman (Post 5916931)
Try doing a respec. That fixed it when my Fed char had this problem.

Or just go loot and pillage more.... It won't fix it but it's fun!

I thought about doing this but i'll wait to see if I can get any joy from customer support before resorting to this.

Getting rank 3 marauding abilities on my Klingon character isn't a big priority at the moment and so, can wait to see how things play out with customer support.

thechillum 10-04-2012 07:15 PM

Just to provide an update.

I received a response from customer services. Unfortunately it was disappointing to say the least.

It referred to Federation character whereas the subject of the ticket concerned a Klingon character.

Suggested solution was to update commendation records via the appropriate NPC. Inital ticket said this methods already attempted and failed to update the details in question.

I decided to try what markhawkman suggested in redistributing skill points or rather, in my case, distributing unallocated skill points.

I used some points to max out "Starship Weapon Performance". This seemed to do the trick as I now had Regulus block as a transwarp destination and Raiding Party as an ability I could grant.

I was lucky in that I had spare points to try this with. Other players who may have already allocated their points would not be so lucky.