Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   ESD Load time (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=404151)

ozujsko 10-01-2012 03:37 PM

ESD Load time

you know Cryptic i somthimes want to go to ESD but cant because somethimes loadtime is killer,in this time while i writing this down i am stuck at 96.47 about 25 minutes,this is apsurde,if you cannot asuhe that players can come on KEY element in the game it is better you shut down and FIX some of this MAJOR gliches in the game!!!!!Majbe it is time to my money go to some other games!!!!

Other players: how long you wheith to get on ESD???

robdmc 10-01-2012 03:39 PM

Usually if it is on 96% for more then 30 seconds I reload the client since it is faster.

sumghai 10-01-2012 03:45 PM

Are you on a wireless internet connection?

ozujsko 10-01-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumghai (Post 5914411)
Are you on a wireless internet connection?

yeap, i am on wireless, i dont have problems with loading anything in sto,only ESD and that is 2 or 3 times a day

asphe 10-01-2012 06:24 PM

It's not you. It's not your connection.

Happens to a lot of people going to ESD, DS9/etc.

Solution: None

Work-a-round: As above, close the client and restart. It really is faster. Waiting for the zone to load will take almost as long as waiting for the bug to be permanently fixed.

orondis 10-04-2012 12:39 PM

Bump. 10 characters

nicha0 10-04-2012 01:30 PM

It happens quite often when trying to switch instances quickly, or trying to switch an instance, cancelling and trying again.. pretty nasty bugs.

lexsan82 10-23-2012 06:02 PM

It's been happening to me so often I actually googled to find a post related to this. It drives me nuts. I seriously consider logging out for the night every time this occurs. Restarting the client is annoying and time consuming.

More attention is needed to this problem.

voporak 10-23-2012 06:34 PM

That's not too bad. Try over 30 minutes at something like 14704% at First City (happened to me once). No solution to the problem I can see, unfortunately.

marctraiderz 10-28-2012 08:40 AM

This has nothing to do with your Wireless, my Wired, or anyone's connection.

Its a bug in the game, and If Cryptic really wants to keep people playing I REALLY suggest they find the solution to this.

Yes, its mostly hanging around 96 11 or something when its loading, then it takes minutes and minutes and it goes to 96 12, then 96 13 etc..

Sometimes it takes so long that it's simply faster to end the process in task manager and simply restart the whole game.

It happens on both my PC's and they have totally different hardware, I even have two different internet connections and it happens on both of them on occasion.

The funny fact is, Cryptic actually knows about it, they do NOT know that it happens to so much players (Most are simply unaware that its actually not their PC/Internet)

They also don't seem to be able to discover the cause of the problem, because otherwise such an annoyance would've been dealt with a long time ago (This issue started around S4/5)

We're almost at Season 7....