Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Please PLEASE Do Something About the ESD/DS9 Loading Freeze (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=406341)

orondis 10-04-2012 08:56 AM

Please PLEASE Do Something About the ESD/DS9 Loading Freeze

Please do something about the ESD/DS9 loading freeze. I know I'm not the only one who has been having this problem since season 5 went live.

The map loading screen indicates it's loading fine until it reaches around 95% and it just lags. There's no "server not responding", it just lags or outright freezes. I've never had trouble when loading a character up who is already on the map, just trouble beaming into it.

My internet connection is download - 37mbps, upload - 8mbps.

It's so annoying that for DS9 I've started using the mission "second wave", just in case the real DS9 map won't load.

If you're not going to do anything about it or can't, atleast put the "Tour the Universe" contact in system space. You have no idea how many times I've had to close down the client while trying to do that mission.

Thank You.

hypl 10-04-2012 09:01 AM

If DS9 or ESD does not load within 10-15 seconds, just log off and log back on. Better than sitting there twiddling your thumbs. :)

typhoncal 10-05-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orondis (Post 5950281)
Please do something about the ESD/DS9 loading freeze. I know I'm not the only one who has been having this problem since season 5 went live.

The map loading screen indicates it's loading fine until it reaches around 95% and it just lags. There's no "server not responding", it just lags or outright freezes. I've never had trouble when loading a character up who is already on the map, just trouble beaming into it.

My internet connection is download - 37mbps, upload - 8mbps.

It's so annoying that for DS9 I've started using the mission "second wave", just in case the real DS9 map won't load.

If you're not going to do anything about it or can't, atleast put the "Tour the Universe" contact in system space. You have no idea how many times I've had to close down the client while trying to do that mission.

Thank You.

I completely agree, it isnt just those two locations but also dranaza station as well. It is getting ridiculous that you have to log off and log back in.

nicha0 10-05-2012 10:50 AM

It can happen anywhere but is far more likely when a zone is busy. Go to a hot spot like Nukara or Defera during a fleet mark event and it happens, ESD and DS9 are just frequently busy so everyone notices.

tangolight 10-06-2012 07:11 PM

This has been brought up before when it first started happening, and the devs know about it, but so far, haven't been able to figure out why. They've even posted saying they've seen it themselves, but can't figure out what the actual problem is, since it doesn't seem consistent. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. You can have 2 people beam down to the station at the same time, and it might only happen to one person.

Until someone can reliably figure out how to reproduce it (and beaming up and down repeatedly while lots of people are on doesn't count, it has to be 100% of the time), or the programmers discover something wrong in the code while they're fixing other things, it's unfortunately very difficult to fix, even though everyone knows about it.

I usually just alt tab out and read the forums or something when it happens, unless I'm in a rush, in which case I'll just relog.

artfulmerkage 10-06-2012 07:18 PM

I have to agree. I never experienced this problem until recently and it has become an annoyance (especially as it wasn't there before.)

tinead51 10-07-2012 04:38 AM

This has been happening since STO went live,it's never been sorted. :o

Try beaming to SFA first ,then ESD,thats about the only workaround we have besides relogging...