Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   If I have created a Contact in one mission ... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=408961)

hippiejon 10-08-2012 02:52 AM

If I have created a Contact in one mission ...

... is there a way to import that contact to another mission ?
Such as when authors have the same character appear in subsequent stories ?
Like Helna or Amanda Barclay ?
And , is this something that can be done cross faction ?

nagorak 10-08-2012 02:56 AM

Yes, you can import the mission into a new one. That option is available on the main mission select screen.

However, that doesn't always help because sometimes you need characters from multiple missions, and sometimes not everything is imported properly (unless the bug has been fixed, a few of the contacts would not import every time).

In that case what you need to do is use a program like FRAPS to screenshot all of the sliders (you can't use the in-game screenshot because it does not capture the UI), and manually re-enter them.

hippiejon 10-08-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagorak (Post 5988391)
Yes, you can import the mission into a new one. That option is available on the main mission select screen.

However, that doesn't always help because sometimes you need characters from multiple missions, and sometimes not everything is imported properly (unless the bug has been fixed, a few of the contacts would not import every time).

In that case what you need to do is use a program like FRAPS to screenshot all of the sliders (you can't use the in-game screenshot because it does not capture the UI), and manually re-enter them.

Shrug, if I can't figure out the import thing, or it bugs out on me, just means a little more work then, but eh, worth it for what I am trying to accomplish. It'll only be 5 characters I need to remake. Well that and a bunch of maps... sigh.

nagorak 10-08-2012 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiejon (Post 5988421)
Shrug, if I can't figure out the import thing, or it bugs out on me, just means a little more work then, but eh, worth it for what I am trying to accomplish. It'll only be 5 characters I need to remake. Well that and a bunch of maps... sigh.

It will most likely work. You only start losing a lot of costumes when you have a lot. With 50 costumes you'll lose about 4 or 5 (it was some sort of error where every nth costume did not import). For only 5 I doubt you'll lose any.

hippiejon 10-08-2012 03:37 AM

Can't figure out how to move costumes from one project to another, so guess I'll have to be remaking them, unless you can tell me how to do it. Private Msg would be awesome.

nagorak 10-08-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiejon (Post 5988661)
Can't figure out how to move costumes from one project to another, so guess I'll have to be remaking them, unless you can tell me how to do it. Private Msg would be awesome.

Go to the screen where you can select your mission.

There at the bottom you'll see a button that says "Importable Projects".

Hit it and it will give you the option to select the mission you want to import.

Then in the right hand corner hit the button that says "Import".

Choose a new name and you're good to go.

hippiejon 10-08-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagorak (Post 5988821)
Go to the screen where you can select your mission.

There at the bottom you'll see a button that says "Importable Projects".

Hit it and it will give you the option to select the mission you want to import.

Then in the right hand corner hit the button that says "Import".

Choose a new name and you're good to go.

BRILLIANT !
Thank You !
You just saved me SO much work :)

In celebration I am going to go take a break from creating and go play the remastered dereliction duty :)

nagorak 10-08-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiejon (Post 5988891)
BRILLIANT !
Thank You !
You just saved me SO much work :)

In celebration I am going to go take a break from creating and go play the remastered dereliction duty :)

Hehe, thanks. I hope you enjoy it. But I'm afraid it might be a long break... ;)

markhawkman 10-08-2012 07:31 AM

I used windows screenshot for this: http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gal...set=0#/d570hta

But I run in Windowed maximized. No, I don't mind if you copy my Romulan.

hippiejon 10-08-2012 08:22 AM

In my case , since I'm creating Commodore Ross, Cassidy, and some other select npcs from Night of the Comet for my Foundry challenge submission, I REALLY didn't want to have to recreate them for the KDF version of the mission I am making :)