Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Lifetime Subscription - Time based titles (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=410101)

feargan 10-09-2012 01:33 PM

Lifetime Subscription - Time based titles

As an open-beta lifetime subscriber, I was initially furious about the decision to give all veteran rewards away to new lifetime subscribers, but I see this as a good financial decision and I understand the motivation behind it.

My question is, will the time based title rewards and the 1000 day forum title be given to the new subscribers regardless of how much time they've spent in game? I'm fine with the rest of the rewards like ship slots, respec tokens, and even the 1000 day ship going to new subscribers, but are the titles such as "Guardian" going to be conferred as well?

thedoctorbluebox 10-09-2012 01:45 PM

Whoa, I just read the front page blog, I can't say I like the idea that new lifetime subs will get all the current veteran rewards. It demeans the nature of veteran rewards. Veteran Rewards were something special, something that long time players could really benefit from, but now everyone can get them with new lifetime subs? I don't like that, it makes the veteran rewards less unique and meaningful. It dumbs it down.

Pretty soon everyone's gonna have all the same rewards at Gold/Lifetime/Long-Time Players, and there will be no differences between long-time players and new players. Perhaps that is their goal, to meld the two? But as a long-time player, who is past 900 days, been playing since open beta, and who bought the lifetime in year 1 of this game, I feel like you are taking uniqueness away from me. Making my 3 years of playing, less meaningful. We should be rewarded for our time in this game, and just giving it away to new lifetime subs takes that away from those of us that have been in this game for several years.

pyryck 10-09-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feargan (Post 6009431)
As an open-beta lifetime subscriber, I was initially furious about the decision to give all veteran rewards away to new lifetime subscribers, but I see this as a good financial decision and I understand the motivation behind it.

My question is, will the time based title rewards and the 1000 day forum title be given to the new subscribers regardless of how much time they've spent in game? I'm fine with the rest of the rewards like ship slots, respec tokens, and even the 1000 day ship going to new subscribers, but are the titles such as "Guardian" going to be conferred as well?

By purchasing an LTS now, you will receive all of the veteran perks up thru 1000 days on day one of your LTS.

If you are currently a Lifer of any time at all from 1-997 days, you will be instantly granted access to all veteran rewards up thru the 1000 day, including all titles, once the devs throw the switch.

drudgy 10-09-2012 02:06 PM

Honestly I am one of the 970 some odd day Vetrans, and I could care less if someone buys the LTS now and gets it all. Personally I paid my money, I get my stuff, it matters to me not. If someone else wants to pay the money for an LTS by all means let them have it.

I don't think I am entitled to anything more or less, hell I don't even pay for the game anymore other than what I spend in the C-Store. Why should I feel entitled?

hravik 10-09-2012 02:14 PM

As a long time lifer myself, I fail to see why anyone would care. If you pay for a LTS, you are all but 100% guaranteed to get those vet rewards anyway. The only things that would stop you from getting them is either you get your account banned, or the game shuts down. This is just one more incentive to give the company that keeps the game up some money, so be happy with that.

darkenzedd 10-09-2012 02:16 PM

I am @ 649 days, so this actually benefits me so long as I get upgraded as well....

feargan 10-09-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drudgy (Post 6010181)
Honestly I am one of the 970 some odd day Vetrans, and I could care less if someone buys the LTS now and gets it all. Personally I paid my money, I get my stuff, it matters to me not. If someone else wants to pay the money for an LTS by all means let them have it.

I don't think I am entitled to anything more or less, hell I don't even pay for the game anymore other than what I spend in the C-Store. Why should I feel entitled?

Because it's a VETERAN rewards program, that's why! We're the ones that have loyally supported the game from the beginning. Why should someone who hasn't been in the game for 1000 days get the 1000 day veteran title? This is really a kick in the junk to all the STO loyalists. :mad:

trek21 10-09-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feargan (Post 6010871)
Because it's a VETERAN rewards program, that's why! We're the ones that have loyally supported the game from the beginning. Why should someone who hasn't been in the game for 1000 days get the 1000 day veteran title? This is really a kick in the junk to all the STO loyalists. :mad:

I really don't get why they'd care if others got their stuff easily... it's baffling :confused:

You payed for it over-time (if you're Gold), and you got it. It's done. They're paying more for it right now, and getting it instantly instead of waiting, in exchange. A different way of getting it, but they're getting it anyway, which is more bang for their buck.

And why do people always have to say 'kicked in their whatever' whenever they're angry? It's a most overused phrase, and annoying at that

azniadeet 10-09-2012 02:43 PM

As a 670-odd day veteran, I can sympathize with those upset. There is definitely something to be said for having the elite symbol of a veteran ship... I'm happy to be getting that sweet ship, but at the same time, I'm upset that I'm just going to be one of hundreds that get it all at once, rather than earning it myself ~a year from now.

feargan 10-09-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trek21 (Post 6010991)
I really don't get why they'd care if others got their stuff easily... it's baffling :confused:

You payed for it over-time (if you're Gold), and you got it. It's done. They're paying more for it right now, and getting it instantly instead of waiting, in exchange. A different way of getting it, but they're getting it anyway, which is more bang for their buck.

And why do people always have to say 'kicked in their whatever' whenever they're angry? It's a most overused phrase, and annoying at that

Why do people always have to fail at punctuation and grammar? :P

The point is that we payed more for our lifetime subs than new subscribers will, we waited 1000 days for our 1000 day rewards, and now new subscribers get all the rewards without waiting or paying the same amount.