Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Chance Rate on Temporal Lock Box?? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=410201)

liquidraven26 10-09-2012 02:52 PM

Chance Rate on Temporal Lock Box??

Have opened 90 of these lockboxes and not one Wells Class. Not only that but 8 Gamma Doff packs "IN A ROW" multiple times, broke up by other prizes that seem worthless ie The Weapon packs and 100 Fleet Mark bonuses.. All and all in 90 only 2 rares both the "Single Temporal Officer"

Just curious what the hit rate is on these??

voporak 10-09-2012 03:37 PM

check the temporal lock box chances on stowiki.org and you'll see. The chance table there is levi3's experiment with 145 boxes. And he got no Wells.

liquidraven26 10-09-2012 03:59 PM

145?? Wow, wow. Well that is a real eye opener

hereticknight085 10-09-2012 04:19 PM

There is a reason I don't open lockboxes. I know the drop rates are almost stupidly miniscule. It's kind of your fault for participating in the lock box scam.

clamyfishstick 10-09-2012 05:26 PM

if people stopped buying the damned keys and opening the "stealing your money boxes" they'd stop doing them. it's supply and demand... the worst imaginable kind... the most evil part of capitalism... taking advantage of addiction and obsession for personal gain... no different than a drug dealer or cigarette seller... the difference being that it's more likened to the most shady parts of Nevada... the kind of place that makes sure you lose almost 100% of the time... but in the case of lock boxes, you pay real money and get nothing real in return... not only that, but STO will not be around 5 years from now so you are paying for a VERY short term investment... and 5 years is being optimistic, Perfect World doesn't keep games around that long... STO was doomed the moment they bought the game.

hereticknight085 10-09-2012 05:33 PM

The only good part I have had as a result of lockboxes is the fact that idiots will buy the keys. So naturally I take advantage of this by buying keys and selling them to stupid people. I feel bad since I am not only profiting off of this scam but I am also encouraging it by buying the keys in the first place...

liquidraven26 10-10-2012 07:12 AM

Sadly a few more boxes are in my future, but once I hit 800 lobi, if my luck has not turned around well there will be no more lockboxes in my future ever. Just not worth it at all. Just easier and cheaper to get the EC

reyan01 10-10-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hereticknight085 (Post 6014491)
The only good part I have had as a result of lockboxes is the fact that idiots will buy the keys. So naturally I take advantage of this by buying keys and selling them to stupid people. I feel bad since I am not only profiting off of this scam but I am also encouraging it by buying the keys in the first place...

I take offense at that comment.

I purchased a ten-pack of keys on the day that temporal lock-boxes were released, hoping to obtain some polarized disruptors for my mirror Deep Space Science Vessel. On key nine of that first ten-pack I won a Wells class.

I'm not an idiot, just extremely fortunate (and the Wells class is fantastic!).

captainoblivous 10-10-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyan01 (Post 6026351)
I'm not an idiot, just extremely fortunate (and the Wells class is fantastic!).

And a b*stard you b*stard :D

I must have opened a few hundred of the boxes since the cardie boxes first appeared mostly with EC bought keys. What have I got to show for it?
A scarf.

reyan01 10-10-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainoblivous (Post 6027121)
And a b*stard you b*stard :D

I must have opened a few hundred of the boxes since the cardie boxes first appeared mostly with EC bought keys. What have I got to show for it?
A scarf.

:D

To be fair, I opened a bunch of Cardie lock-boxes - the content of those were about as much use to me as a waterproof teabag.

As I result I didn't bother with the Ferengi ones - ignored them altogether.

Opened a few Tholian ones, and to be fair received some decent goods from those.

But make no mistake - whilst absolutely delighted with my Wells class, I visit the forums on a daily basis and am more than aware that having obtained one makes me incredibly lucky! Just a pity that everyone thinks that the Mobius is better.