Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   new shield ability changes: WRONG, try again (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=410471)

dontdrunkimshoot 10-09-2012 11:19 PM

new shield ability changes: WRONG, try again

i checked this out on tribble, this post is 'actually loged on to tribble and tested certified'.

putting EPtS on the same cooldown as ES and RSP is WRONG, in its curent form, EPtS is a skill you need 2 copies of, or a way to get full up time with 1, there is no surviving pvp and not haveing EPtS running at the same time. and RSP and ES are VERY colorful, they tell anyone with weapons that the person using ether of these abilitys has piss poor shield resistance, and its time to shoot them as soon as the red appears, or the green goes away.

they were afraid. afraid to do what they would have actually had to do if they wanted to reduce shield tanking to go with this hull tanking buff.

remove the 30 seconds of extra resistance from EPtS, or at least reduce it to 5 seconds like with every other EPtX skill

simply doing that i would not support for a second, but raising the benefit to resistance from your shield power level to compensate AT LEAST 75% for what was lost would have been at the very least a high quality design decision. it would make EPtS not necessarily a 100% must have 2 copies of skill anymore also, something you proboly think is a bad thing, and is if you look at it objectively.

but... you just gave AtS full resistance up time too, now im gonna run 2 of those, and put it on my fire all energy weapons/balance shields/EPtS/EPtW key bind. thanks

you instead chose to make the green diaper and the red diaper unusable, wile anyone who runs EPtS (every single person who knows how to play in the slightest) will have as high a resistance as ever, on top of having MUCH higher hull tanking potential now.

khayuung 10-09-2012 11:25 PM

Doesn't Aux2SIF have a 15s cooldown? So should we still run 2 copies or is just 1 enough?

At least this nerf removes cruiser crossing-heal craziness which made the focus of love nigh invulnerable. I'll just mount DEM for that last slot then, or EWP.

This hurts my Armitage the most though. Having to choose between EPtS and RSP makes me sad face. Going with EPtS1, EPtS2 and Aux2SIF2 for him.

dontdrunkimshoot 10-09-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khayuung (Post 6018361)
Doesn't Aux2SIF have a 15s cooldown? So should we still run 2 copies or is just 1 enough?

At least this nerf removes cruiser crossing-heal craziness which made the focus of love nigh invulnerable. I'll just mount DEM for that last slot then, or EWP.

This hurts my Armitage the most though. Having to choose between EPtS and RSP makes me sad face. Going with EPtS1, EPtS2 and Aux2SIF2 for him.

i haven't checked yet, meant to, but its system cooldown went from 15 seconds to 10, and the resistance lasts for 10 seconds, so 2 copies should give full resistance up time

the cross healing craziness is working as intended, healing should be stronger then damage, healing should be able to out do raw damage indefinitely. thats why sci exists, its the critical debuff, the critical disable and push that leaves someone vulnerable enough to kill. there would be no reason for sci to exist otherwise.

they don't know how to play their own game well enough to be tampering in these things, its sad but they arent qualified too.

carl103 10-10-2012 12:52 AM

It's not just PVP that got smacked here. Blockade, 15 man Starbase defence, and NWS all rely heavilly on ES to do a lot of grunt work. Hard locking cruisers out of these abilities is just going to turn these from hard to insanity inducing. You simply cannot survive PVE level damage intake over a sustained period without that resistance, but nothing but ES will keep a starbase or freighter up. It's bassiclly removed ES and RSV from the PVE options.

That said if i'm understanding it right, EPTS is no longer sharing a CD with EPTW or or EPTx skills. This is nice but unless we get somthing like a large extenshion on EPTW's damage duration it's not going to do anything meaningful, being able to cycle a third EPTx skill just isn't very helpful.

corsair114 10-10-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carl103 (Post 6019311)
It's not just PVP that got smacked here. Blockade, 15 man Starbase defence, and NWS all rely heavilly on ES to do a lot of grunt work. Hard locking cruisers out of these abilities is just going to turn these from hard to insanity inducing. You simply cannot survive PVE level damage intake over a sustained period without that resistance, but nothing but ES will keep a starbase or freighter up. It's bassiclly removed ES and RSV from the PVE options.

That said if i'm understanding it right, EPTS is no longer sharing a CD with EPTW or or EPTx skills. This is nice but unless we get somthing like a large extenshion on EPTW's damage duration it's not going to do anything meaningful, being able to cycle a third EPTx skill just isn't very helpful.

EPtS shares a Global with RSP and ES, and a Global with the other EPtX abilities.

carl103 10-10-2012 09:14 AM

So they tottally nerfed the hell out of PVE, great.

apocalypse2001 10-10-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carl103 (Post 6027461)
So they tottally nerfed the hell out of PVE, great.

and to think of how much zen I've bought over the past year........it pisses me off.

I wrote several tweets to @PWE_Branflakes showing him links on post by GhostandFrosty and you guys, but you hasn't replied to any of them. Not sure if he has actually looked at them or he's playing dumb.
I also told him I'm erasing my characters, except my very first that I created (even though its science)....which I've already done.
Don't know if I'm going to come back.

This is utter idiocy.

(Yes devs. You heard me. all you do is 'derp derp derp derp derp' without understanding the game you are modifying!)

carl103 10-10-2012 05:21 PM

It's ok they decided not to go through with the change. TBH ES does need a nerf, it IS too good on it's own, but you can't take away with one hand and not give somthing back elsewhere.

apocalypse2001 10-10-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carl103 (Post 6036151)
It's ok they decided not to go through with the change. TBH ES does need a nerf, it IS too good on it's own, but you can't take away with one hand and not give somthing back elsewhere.

how do you know that?? or are you being sarcastic.....i can't tell

carl103 10-10-2012 05:55 PM

There's a dev post up about it:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=145

Some sound things their trying to fix in there, just not the right anwser IMHO.