Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   STO's end does not concern me-Nerf to Dilth grinding does (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=414341)

levi3 10-14-2012 09:04 AM

STO's end does not concern me-Nerf to Dilth grinding does

There has been some chatter that cryptic intends to further make dilth grinding harder after the LTS sale ends.

The primary way they intend to do this is to remove the quickie "investgate officer daily reports" - you will still be able to do them just they will remove the capacity to go to a panel and do all 3 in just a minute or 2.

That is the main chatter I here as the next nerf to dilth grinding - they already nerfed contraband turn over recently fro 3 to 5 and from 2hr to 4 hr.

I suspect there are other ideas in the works to drastcally reduce the amount of dilth that can be collected.

The whole purpose is of course to force people to buy Zen with real money to convert to dilth.

Now there will be people say "but what about the dilth market, it will get out of wack"

No it won't - from watching it for 9 months and watching the stock market for 20 years - I can say will strong confidence that i believe they are already in there keeping the price consant and stable by addind dilth when need be. Over the last few weeks the dilth market has not budged 1 or 2 points a day and there have been hundreds of thousand of dilth on both the buy and the ask. The last lock box only moved it out of it's fixed range for a very short time.

It is clear that it is being manipulate - my bet is on Cryptic and not some players because the movement up or down is almost non existant. And just like the Federal reserve printing money - Crptic is the only ones that can just "print" dilth out of nothing.

So after the LTS sale is over and the do start hitting dilth grinding with a huge nerf bat - how will this affect your game?

Will you use more real money to buy dilth?

Will you stop all starbase projects?

Will you spend more of you time in the game to grind dilth?

Will you quite the game?(of course there will be 1000's more locked into the game with the LTS sale - so I guess you won't quite if the nerf dilth collection some more)

What are your thoughts?

cormoran 10-14-2012 09:08 AM

Where's this chatter come from? I'm not about to start theorising on rumours some player decided to pull out of their behind.

weylandjuarez 10-14-2012 09:14 AM

Don't know the exact post (too lazy to look it up) but (new) Foundry mission rewards are potentially going to be linked to the average length of time it takes to play the mission (same as Neverwinter) - when the Foundry rewards get added, 'Investigate Officer Reports' goes bye-bye.

anazonda 10-14-2012 09:17 AM

Even IF they remove the quickies, It's not like it will be hard to imagine new ones that will fulfill the timelimit, and still be super easy.

And even ignoring the quickies, you can still earn roughly 8000+ Dil in less than 2 hours.

gthaatar 10-14-2012 09:18 AM

To be quite honest, if all you're doing in this game is just grinding, then you're probably better off moving on.

Boo hoo if you now actually have to play the game to get certain rewards.

thetruthurts 10-14-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weylandjuarez (Post 6085311)
Don't know the exact post (too lazy to look it up) but (new) Foundry mission rewards are potentially going to be linked to the average length of time it takes to play the mission (same as Neverwinter) - when the Foundry rewards get added, 'Investigate Officer Reports' goes bye-bye.

There is no post(from a dev anyway) that says anything like that.

badname834854 10-14-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weylandjuarez (Post 6085311)

My Common Sense is tingling.....

Documentation please...this seems like speculation, albeit reasonable and consistent with their previous patterns..

weylandjuarez 10-14-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badname834854 (Post 6085901)
My Common Sense is tingling.....

Documentation please...this seems like speculation, albeit reasonable and consistent with their previous patterns..

Nothing definitive (when is there ever?) but some of the Foundry authors have been talking about it here.

Perhaps Kirksplat could give you info on his sources.

levi3 10-14-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cormoran (Post 6085211)
Where's this chatter come from? I'm not about to start theorising on rumours some player decided to pull out of their behind.

It was in a post about new foundry changes. Even Community Mod Syberghost mentioned it. Maybe he would like to elaborate?

lostusthorn 10-14-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levi3 (Post 6085181)
There has been some chatter that cryptic intends to further make dilth grinding harder after the LTS sale ends.

The primary way they intend to do this is to remove the quickie "investgate officer daily reports" - you will still be able to do them just they will remove the capacity to go to a panel and do all 3 in just a minute or 2.

I would call it more an exploit prevention then a nerf.