Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System and R&D (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   Strange alien artifact drop rate (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=415931)

notapwefan 10-15-2012 10:12 PM

Strange alien artifact drop rate

Did they decrease the drop rate of strange alien artifact for KDF side? I used to get them once every 2 days but now it seems that the missions end up being success and I get useless common data samples :(

Is it just me or did someone else notice it too?

pottsey5g 10-16-2012 04:43 AM

No idea on KDF but as fed I have had 5 in the past 2 days which is way higher than normal.

luxchristian 10-16-2012 05:17 AM

5 in 2 days?

I get the mission once every 2 months -.-

bitterscot 10-16-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notapwefan (Post 6108531)
but now it seems that the missions end up being success and I get useless common data samples

Common samples? Sounds to me that you've been doing the wrong mission, you get the artifact on success, crit, failure or disaster. Are you absolutely sure you're doing 'Negotiate additional delivery of rare commodities' and not some other one?

joxertm2 10-16-2012 06:49 AM

It's not the wrong mission, strange alien artifact sometimes drops on crits within the assignments "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on...".
But the key word is sometimes. STO should be renamed to STL (star trek lottery).

"Negotiate additional delivery of rare commodities" that gives the artefact for sure and is not based on luck appears every 3-4 days.

ronj14 01-24-2013 06:11 AM

Are you still having a problem with finding strange alien artifact drops on crits within the assignments "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on..."? I have a FED and notice the problem also.

markhawkman 01-24-2013 08:15 AM

It's LUCK, if the RNG hates you, and it usually does, you won't get any. Just keep trying eventually you'll either get one or not....

joshmaaaaaaans 01-24-2013 09:11 AM

Nadorc, every 3 days, pretty sure its 100% drop.

xentilla 01-25-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joxertm2 (Post 6112101)
It's not the wrong mission, strange alien artifact sometimes drops on crits within the assignments "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on...".
But the key word is sometimes. STO should be renamed to STL (star trek lottery).

"Negotiate additional delivery of rare commodities" that gives the artefact for sure and is not based on luck appears every 3-4 days.

"Negotiate" has a chance to fail if you use low quality doffs. The various "artifact" missions used to drop one on a crit but I haven't gotten one in quite some time now.

markhawkman 01-25-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xentilla (Post 7649451)
"Negotiate" has a chance to fail if you use low quality doffs. The various "artifact" missions used to drop one on a crit but I haven't gotten one in quite some time now.

They still do. I got one earlier this week.