Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Question about the D'Kyr (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=416321)

knuhteb5 10-16-2012 10:43 AM

Question about the D'Kyr

I see that a some of the rear admiral ships got fleet versions made of them. Will the same be done for the D'kyr to modernize it a little, thus making it more viable in STF's and PVP?

I would like to see a FLeet D'Kyr with the following stats:

Hull: 33,000
Shield Modifier: 1.43
Consoles: add 1 extra engineering console

darkenzedd 10-16-2012 11:38 AM

I do not think they will be doing a fleet version of this ship as it has an inbuilt power. None of the ships with inbuilt powers have a fleet version sadly..

travelingmaster 10-16-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkenzedd (Post 6115581)
I do not think they will be doing a fleet version of this ship as it has an inbuilt power. None of the ships with inbuilt powers have a fleet version sadly..

Pretty much this. It's why the Guramba didn't get a Fleet variant. Only C-store ships with an associated special console will get Fleet variants, I think. . .that's why there's a Fleet Defiant, because it's cloaking ability is a universal console.

meimeitoo 10-16-2012 03:40 PM

The D'kyr is broken on so many levels (in no small part due to the 'great science nerf'), that I think you're just better off with another ship.

I still have it (for lolz, and because I paid rl money for it); but if you want to do the whole science thing, get a Tholian ship or something, and just keep the D'kyr as a nice reminder of a ship which appeared in Enterprise every now and then. :)

knuhteb5 10-16-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meimeitoo (Post 6119431)
The D'kyr is broken on so many levels (in no small part due to the 'great science nerf'), that I think you're just better off with another ship.

I still have it (for lolz, and because I paid rl money for it); but if you want to do the whole science thing, get a Tholian ship or something, and just keep the D'kyr as a nice reminder of a ship which appeared in Enterprise every now and then. :)

What was the great science nerf? Was it that crucial science abilities now caused each other to go into cool down when one was used whereas before they didn't?

I know that ablative armor when it first came out with the intrepid was so OP that it had to be nerfed by the devs because it was being spammed ridiculously in PVP. Besides that, I can't remember. Oh, wait. I think I do remember now. In the transition from the old space skills to the news skills, a lot of the old consoles like the flow capacitor that used to have have +10 or +15 to aux, now only did +1 to +5 to aux? Is that what your'e referring to? Or, for example, the power insulator used to be called the halon system which used to directly modify Hazard emitters, but now only relates to "attacks that drain shield strength or power from starship subsystems".