Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Spotlight on the Foundry - 10/19/2012 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=419711)

pwebranflakes 10-19-2012 12:00 PM

Spotlight on the Foundry - 10/19/2012

This week's spotlighted mission is "Relics" by Kirkfat. Read more to learn about this incredible player-made mission.

"Relics" is also the mission that won Foundry Challenge #4!

Click here to read more.

zorbane 10-19-2012 12:03 PM

Great mission that totally deserved to win the Foundry Challenge.

crypticarmsman 10-19-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 6168331)
This week's spotlighted mission is "Relics" by Kirkfat. Read more to learn about this incredible player-made mission.

"Relics" is also the mission that won Foundry Challenge #4!

Click here to read more.

So, in effect, a single mission get spotlighted twice? Why not make a 'special spotlight' for content winning missions (and include them on Cryptic's upcoming spolight UI addition that's 'coming soon') - and not effectivelty spotlight the same mission twice? Seems a bit a pandering ro a cefrtain group going one here (IMO).

Contest winning missions do deserve and should get their own spotlight (and be included); but IMO should again take up one of hyour 'Weekly Spotlight' spots.

neoakiraii 10-19-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crypticarmsman (Post 6169341)
So, in effect, a single mission get spotlighted twice? Why not make a 'special spotlight' for content winning missions (and include them on Cryptic's upcoming spolight UI addition that's 'coming soon') - and not effectivelty spotlight the same mission twice? Seems a bit a pandering ro a cefrtain group going one here (IMO).

Contest winning missions do deserve and should get their own spotlight (and be included); but IMO should again take up one of hyour 'Weekly Spotlight' spots.

he should win all weeks, he's that good...his missions are some of the best.

crypticarmsman 10-19-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoakiraii (Post 6171311)
he should win all weeks, he's that good...his missions are some of the best.

Was speaking to/about any author specifically - IMO, it seems anyone whop partiicipates in a Foundry Contest ends up getting their mission spotlighted on the site multiple times. I'm i n no way saying the Contest missions shouldn't be spotlighted - they should. What I'm saying is:

If a mission wins a contest and is spotlighted due to winning - it should be ineligible to be spotlighted a second time in the 'weekly spotlight'. <--- That should go to other worthy missions made by the general playerbase (and even possibly missions from a contest that were runners up; and didn't win.)

hippiejon 10-19-2012 05:29 PM

Someone who wins a Foundry Challenge has gotten a very small spotlight, just within the community who plays and votes in the challenges.
Weekly spotlight is bigger and more wide spread.
I think a weekly spotlight should be part of winning a Foundry Challenge.

kirksplat 10-20-2012 02:26 PM

Thanks to everyone for playing it. I'm enjoying the reviews, although I'm sorry that some bugs are beyond my control.

Good luck to the current challengers in the other contest.