Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Spotlight on the Foundry - 10/19/2012 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=419711)

pwebranflakes 10-19-2012 12:00 PM

Spotlight on the Foundry - 10/19/2012
 
This week's spotlighted mission is "Relics" by Kirkfat. Read more to learn about this incredible player-made mission.

"Relics" is also the mission that won Foundry Challenge #4!


Click here to read more.

zorbane 10-19-2012 12:03 PM

Great mission that totally deserved to win the Foundry Challenge.

crypticarmsman 10-19-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 6168331)
This week's spotlighted mission is "Relics" by Kirkfat. Read more to learn about this incredible player-made mission.

"Relics" is also the mission that won Foundry Challenge #4!


Click here to read more.

So, in effect, a single mission get spotlighted twice? Why not make a 'special spotlight' for content winning missions (and include them on Cryptic's upcoming spolight UI addition that's 'coming soon') - and not effectivelty spotlight the same mission twice? Seems a bit a pandering ro a cefrtain group going one here (IMO).

Contest winning missions do deserve and should get their own spotlight (and be included); but IMO should again take up one of hyour 'Weekly Spotlight' spots.

neoakiraii 10-19-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crypticarmsman (Post 6169341)
So, in effect, a single mission get spotlighted twice? Why not make a 'special spotlight' for content winning missions (and include them on Cryptic's upcoming spolight UI addition that's 'coming soon') - and not effectivelty spotlight the same mission twice? Seems a bit a pandering ro a cefrtain group going one here (IMO).

Contest winning missions do deserve and should get their own spotlight (and be included); but IMO should again take up one of hyour 'Weekly Spotlight' spots.

he should win all weeks, he's that good...his missions are some of the best.

crypticarmsman 10-19-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoakiraii (Post 6171311)
he should win all weeks, he's that good...his missions are some of the best.

Was speaking to/about any author specifically - IMO, it seems anyone whop partiicipates in a Foundry Contest ends up getting their mission spotlighted on the site multiple times. I'm i n no way saying the Contest missions shouldn't be spotlighted - they should. What I'm saying is:

If a mission wins a contest and is spotlighted due to winning - it should be ineligible to be spotlighted a second time in the 'weekly spotlight'. <--- That should go to other worthy missions made by the general playerbase (and even possibly missions from a contest that were runners up; and didn't win.)

hippiejon 10-19-2012 05:29 PM

Someone who wins a Foundry Challenge has gotten a very small spotlight, just within the community who plays and votes in the challenges.
Weekly spotlight is bigger and more wide spread.
I think a weekly spotlight should be part of winning a Foundry Challenge.

kirksplat 10-20-2012 02:26 PM

Thanks to everyone for playing it. I'm enjoying the reviews, although I'm sorry that some bugs are beyond my control.

Good luck to the current challengers in the other contest.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 PM.