Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Mission Database (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   "A Cubical Mystery" (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=420381)

sfhq 10-19-2012 10:46 PM

"A Cubical Mystery"

"A Cubical Mystery"
Fed, 46+(You should take a 50 in though)
ST-HDUI5CK7B
Est. Length: 45 mins-1hr15m depending on career/difficulty levels
Start Location: Mutara Nebula in Gamma Orionis Sector

Contains: Space Combat, Ground Combat, some RP/emersion, and a challenge end combat.

This is my first mission with the foundry so I am especially looking for feedback that would help me in all my future foundry mission projects as I do intend to pursue a storyline multi-part series using this kinda as a prologue.

Couple of notes: Most of the combat I designed to keep you on your toes, expect surprises (nothing too insane though), and the ending is designed to be a hard challenge, requiring either teamwork if you bring friends or a very disciplined strategy soloing it, and not for those who'd want an ease of combat.

I would say for this mission it is pretty much about a medium length of dialogue and is not an intense read. Most of the longer parts are for the more detailed RP sections of the mission.

I would appreciate any feedback others would have towards improving my missions.. obviously some of the foundry tricks I have yet to learn, but I'll get those down soon enough. :)

evil70th 11-03-2012 05:56 PM

Mission Critique Report - A Cubical Mystery(Prologue)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfhq (Post 6298661)
Hello evil70th,

I have completed 2 missions of a multi-part series, and would very much appreciate feedback when you have some time.

Mission Name: A Cubical Mystery(Prologue)
Author: F9thSFHQ
Minimum Level: 46+ (hardcoded in game, I say, Min Level: 50)
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HDUI5CK7B
Estimated Mission Length: 45 minutes to 1hour20mins depending on career/difficulty setting
Method of Report Delivery: Forum Post

My First foundry mission I have made however I have refined it over the last 3-4weeks so it is fairly mature in its making. :)
It is designed to have fairly challenging combat, but nothing that isn't solo-able even on Adv./Elite

Both are relatively combat heavy missions with medium amt. of dialogue

Thanks,
SFHQ

Federation Mission - A Cubical Mystery(Prologue)
Author: F9thSFHQ
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HDUI5CK7B

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a good mission with great map designs, several very tough battles, and excellent story dialogue. I would recommend this mission but not on Elite. The battles are tough enough on Normal. You did use the response button "Continue" a lot but it was not overly distracting. :) As for the last enemy mob on the last map after the "End Dialogue" you need to consider removing them and ending the mission there.

Below are a couple things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good and detailed description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is not a bad grant dialogue, but is essentially the same as the description itself. Consider changing it up a little to add more story based information. Your goal with grant dialogue should be to draw the player in and make them want to click "Accept". I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good start but you should consider including the sector block of the start location for the first custom map.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Mutara Nebula: This is a good map design with several tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Diamond 349: This is a good map design with several very tough battles. The story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider reducing the number of battles and balance the enemy mobs a little more.

Diamond 349 Gauntlet: This is a good map design and use of the open area outside the normal map; however you should combine this map and the next map into one single map. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Diamond 349 Navigation: This is a simple map design with a single objective. As I indicated on the previous map you should combine this map and the previous map into one single map. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Mutara Nebula: This is a good map design with some fun battles with the Borg. The story dialogue is well written right up to the "End Mission" dialogue. Despite the presence of Q, the addition of 8 Undine enemy mobs after that dialogue does not seem to fit in with the story. Consider removing that and ending the mission at the "End Mission" dialogue.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did well with the development of this mission. I look forward to the next mission in the series.
Brian

This critique report also filed 11/03/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.