Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Project October: First Tournament (Results and Discussion) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=420831)

ertihan 10-20-2012 02:40 PM

Project October: First Tournament (Results and Discussion)

First, I want to take this oppurtunity to thank all the participants for their time, and for making this tournament a success!

Now, the four participating teams were:

Team 1: Team Sad Pandas
4monkeys
Alex
Bmr
Mt
Naz

Team 2: Turkish RP Heroes
Yoda
Pax
Hank
Steve
Kerim

Team 3: Team -X-treme
Killer
Koopa
Pantheras
Pheo
Svarog

Team 4: Team Thorel
Powerbomb
Thorel
Galileo
Maverick
Shimmerless

Tournament Results

Game 1 was between -X-treme and Team Thorel. They reached the time limit of 45 minutes and ended with a 13 - 5 victory for -X-treme, who proceeds to the upper bracket of the tournament, and dropping Team Thorel to the lower bracket.

Game 2 was between the Sad Pandas and Turkish RP Heroes. In a nail-biting slugfest they went to the wire and reached the time limit for a 4 - 3 Turkish RP Heroes victory. The upper bracket now consisted of -X-treme and Turkish RP Heroes.

Upper Bracket
Game 3 was Turkish RP Heroes against -X-treme. They reached the time limit, for a 14 - 2 victory for the Turkish RP Heroes, winning them first prize! Congratulations to -X-treme as well, for winning second prize!

Lower Bracket
Game 4, the final game of the tournament, was between Team Thorel and Sad Pandas. The Pandas won with a 15 - 0 victory, winning them third prize and wrapping up the tournament.

Final Rankings
1) Turkish RP Heroes
2) -X-treme
3) Sad Pandas
4) Team Thorel

Once again I'd like to thank all the participants for a wonderful evening, and I hope to host another such tournament soon! Hopefully, we'll get the time-frame right so that we can host more participants next time for an even more amazing tournament. I hope to see you there!

falloutx23 10-20-2012 02:45 PM

Well done turkish.

Now that it's over, how did e1 feel about the rules and limitations?

dontdrunkimshoot 10-20-2012 03:02 PM

cool! im glad this tournament actually successfully took place

darkfader1988 10-20-2012 03:13 PM

Congrats RP on the wins.

-MT-

naz4 10-20-2012 05:25 PM

Rules were good - even though danubes were not used, i'd add them to ban list

ertihan 10-20-2012 05:39 PM

Yes, I'd think they probably should be. I didn't want to ban them this tournament because I thought that they weren't nearly as bad as siphon drones, but they are close, especially if you have several carrier's worth of them.

murmurhem187 10-20-2012 05:39 PM

I thought the rules were good. Had a lot of fun although my sci orb sucked it up hard.

So...next time maybe ban TBR :P

And that 5 million, I regret not taking it! I shouldve doubled my worth:eek:

xtremenoob1 10-20-2012 10:16 PM

Thanks all for the fights. It was a lot of fun. Hope to see more next month!

interestedguy 10-20-2012 10:49 PM

Is there a PVP League Chat Channel? If there is, you should post it somewhere for these tournaments. If not, it might be a good idea to make one. I dont have a team, but I would definitely be interested in doing some 1v1 league or joining another group that needs an extra player.

Anyway, congrats on running a successful pvp tournament!

paxottoman 10-21-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by interestedguy (Post 6192801)
Is there a PVP League Chat Channel? If there is, you should post it somewhere for these tournaments. If not, it might be a good idea to make one. I dont have a team, but I would definitely be interested in doing some 1v1 league or joining another group that needs an extra player.

Anyway, congrats on running a successful pvp tournament!

There is. It's a team speak address is: INTERNATIONALPVP.TYPEFRAG.COM:62245

Thanks to everyone who participated, and special thanks to Project October for hosting.

Please spread the word about hosting another tournament. Thanks again.

PaxOttomana - Turkish RP Heroes