Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Suggestion: New Dance Emote (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=420971)

dariusmajere 09-26-2012 06:49 AM

Suggestion: New Dance Emote
 
With the rather dull eMotes we currently have I figured I would start a page for requests and see what we can come up with! I know alot of us want the previous eMotes that were available re-added so lets keep from trying to chase what we have been asking for already and go with something new to get the devs to look at. Whether bought threw Zen, GPL, or even Lobi.

With the Current popularity and Guiness book record, I am going to go with:

"Gangnam Style" dance eMote to use at the Subspace-radio Parties

hanover2 09-26-2012 06:50 AM

I'd be happy with a way to trigger emotes with codes typed into the chat window.

/dance

/taunt

etc...

iconians 09-26-2012 06:58 AM

Senator Vreenak's "It's a faaaaake" emote.

Mr. Burns sitting emote with fingers steepled. I do believe there's official art with a lady in such a pose.

Dr. McCoy cordrazine-overdose delerium emote.

Vulcan eyebrow raising emote.

Data's lifeform song emote (in the sitting position of course).

EDIT: And a "Shut up, Wesley!" emote.

rachelj88 09-26-2012 07:11 AM

This is a Quickfire round called "Emotes We'd Like To See"

/emote talking <- (like the NPCs around where they're talking to eachother would make RP pretty cool)

/emote hug <- (in a way similar to the old Star Wars Galaxies hug emote)

/emote sit_drinking_tea <- (like Picard sitting in his ready room)

/emote dance_thriller <- (wouldn't that be AWESOME)

/emote dance_gangnam_style <- (I do have to agree with "dariusmajere" it would be pretty neat)

and last but not least

/emote sleep_comfy <- (our current sleep emotes are... /emote sleep_dead and /emote sleep_standing_up_dead, we needs better!)

Plus who else notices that our "standing to" Attention emote is a half-breed between actually Standing at Attention and Standing at Ease?
*edit* - "are Starfleet Personel attentively at ease?"

RachelJ88

dariusmajere 09-26-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachelj88 (Post 5846981)
This is a Quickfire round called "Emotes We'd Like To See"

/emote talking <- (like the NPCs around where they're talking to eachother would make RP pretty cool)

/emote hug <- (in a way similar to the old Star Wars Galaxies hug emote)

/emote sit_drinking_tea <- (like Picard sitting in his ready room)

/emote dance_thriller <- (wouldn't that be AWESOME)

/emote dance_gangnam_style <- (I do have to agree with "dariusmajere" it would be pretty neat)

and last but not least

/emote sleep_comfy <- (our current sleep emotes are... /emote sleep_dead and /emote sleep_standing_up_dead, we needs better!)

Plus who else notices that our "standing to" Attention emote is a half-breed between actually Standing at Attention and Standing at Ease?
*edit* - "are Starfleet Personel attentively at ease?"

RachelJ88

Thriller would be awesome!

angrytarg 09-26-2012 08:23 AM

I'd always wondered why thre is a "salute"-emote. No one in Starfleet nor in the KDF does that <.<

EDIT: Request: Shatner-esque telepathic suffering :D

pwebranflakes 09-26-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanover2 (Post 5846811)
I'd be happy with a way to trigger emotes with codes typed into the chat window.

/dance

/taunt

etc...

This currently exists :) type /e or /em (+ a space) and then the emote you're looking for. The chat command should match the name you can click on through the emote menu.

Keep the suggestions for emotes coming. I'll pass them along with the hopes we can get them in one day.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

dariusmajere 09-26-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 5848571)
This currently exists :) type /e or /em (+ a space) and then the emote you're looking for. The chat command should match the name you can click on through the emote menu.

Keep the suggestions for emotes coming. I'll pass them along with the hopes we can get them in one day.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You sir, forgot to list what eMote YOU would like to see appear :P C'mon, must be some eMote you would like to appear in STO :P Maybe an eMote of Worf going " I am not a merry man" we could use it on patch day :P

What would you like to see Mr Branflakes

djconcentus 09-26-2012 09:17 AM

Put me down for "/emote flamethrower" if it works against the pests that have infested our Federation fleet starbases.

Failing that, I'd settle for "/emote padd" for PADD use, and if that's already in game and I've forgotten in a caffeine-deprived stupor, then how about "/emote kirk." I'm not sure what it would do, but it would be awesome.

johnnybravo71497 09-26-2012 09:44 AM

Mosh Pit emote!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM.